Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got a car transporter/trailer?

Hi there folks!

Just curious - has anyone in (vaguely) my locality got a car transporter trailer thingy that I could borrow?

I might just have dropped in on a bargain that needs to be trailered away...

The thing is, that if I add the £40-50 on to the cost it stops being quite such a bargain (and kind of unaffordable to me too).

Ta!

"Dragging" might be a possibility but I don't know if the brakes are working. I know the vehicle is missing top some end engine bits and the rear seats but thats about all. It isn't taxed, MOT'd or insured either so thats a bit dodgy too. I know the road that I'd be towing it down really well though (used to commute along it every day) and I know that in several years I never saw any coppers with speed traps or whatever so I may well get away with it if I tried.

Would rather not take the risk though cos that bargain could start getting expensive if I get stopped by the rozzers for being naughty!

I know from a legal point of view these A-Frame towing dollies are a bit dodgy too but that would be better than using a tow rope (especially if the car has dodgy brakes!)

Comment

Working...
    X