next 2" lift on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• next 2" lift on the way

wahoo, just been told by my mate he can make me my balljoint spacers as individual plates from 10mm steel for £6.50 per plate
    so i will need 10 plates to do a 2" lift (5 per side) so £65 for 10 plates
    should be done for next week when im having the bearing etc sorted by a mate
    coooooooooool then ill have my 6" overall lift, just need some 33's now and im sorted
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Might be a silly question, but do you actually need 2" of spacer to lift the suspension 2" What with the spacer being loads closer to the pivot point than the wheel is...?
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

6" eh? Can you run thorugh what setup you have and what other things you'll need to mod to get 6"?
      I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt View Post
        Might be a silly question, but do you actually need 2" of spacer to lift the suspension 2" What with the spacer being loads closer to the pivot point than the wheel is...?
        erm yup
        you space the balljoint down 2" so it gives 2" of lift,
        i think lol

Comment

Originally posted by lord_flashart View Post
          6" eh? Can you run thorugh what setup you have and what other things you'll need to mod to get 6"?
          yeah no problem
          currently i am running a 2" body lift using 2" lift blocks, and i have 2" coil spacers fitted to the rear springs withe the front torsion bars wound up 2 " on the front so overall i have 4" so far above standard
          the 2" spacers will be fitted to the front and the diff will be dropped to level out the joints a bit
          the rear will have +2" springs fitted to my 2" spacers and new +2" shocks fitted , brake lines will be extended to allow the extra height
          jobs a goodun as they say ,
          so overall ill have my 6" lift
          # then with 33's fitted ill have another overall lift of 1" as im currently running 31's

cant wait

Comment

steve just make sure they look nothing like my plates,they are patented.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by animal View Post
              yeah no problem
              currently i am running a 2" body lift using 2" lift blocks, and i have 2" coil spacers fitted to the rear springs withe the front torsion bars wound up 2 " on the front so overall i have 4" so far above standard
              the 2" spacers will be fitted to the front and the diff will be dropped to level out the joints a bit
              the rear will have +2" springs fitted to my 2" spacers and new +2" shocks fitted , brake lines will be extended to allow the extra height
              jobs a goodun as they say ,
              so overall ill have my 6" lift
              # then with 33's fitted ill have another overall lift of 1" as im currently running 31's

cant wait

Won't fitting 4" over springs make the offside upper control arm sit on the fuel tank ?

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                steve just make sure they look nothing like my plates,they are patented.
                no worries matey, they look like the big thick plates but in smaller chunks so i can tune it how i want ,
                would never dream of copying yours mate

Comment

Working...
                X