• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of Q,s from newbie

hi everybody,
    Thanks to everyone who answered my first Q's. I have a couple more please
    My surf is a '94 M reg 3.0turbo ssr x

I have some off road tyres on with markings i aint seen before as follows
    31 x 10.5 r15 LT, I get the r15 bit but all else is new to me, I'm guessing these are off rd or all season etc, Question is what size tyre would be the normal road size something like 265/70 or am i totally wrong, Please advise,
    I have the standard toyota alloys on..

Also, I would like to know if poss what oil goes in the front and rear diffs and could some one tell me where the fill hole is for the front one , cant seem to find it?

Does the transfer box need oil change, if so what type?

What fluid spec for auto box?

Need to have towbar fitted, had a quote and cheepest was £255! so was thinking of fitting my self but I saw one on towequipe.co.uk and the fitting info said remove rear tow eye, That has stopped me already as when i looked it is welded to chassis, I dont think i could get that off, Has anyone fitted there own ...was it easy and what about twin electrics is that hard to do, Need twin for caravan

Last is my central interior light, It has got 12v supply to it but cant get any function to work, changed bulb and cant be fuse as 12v is at the connector, any ideas?

Wow, just looked how long this post is, sorry about that just keen to get motor as nice as i can while its still new and Im still keen

Many thanks all
    Gaz

Search button, all your questions have been answered in other threads within the last week or so.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Have a look here for all your oils
      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=62
      Tyres are as they say
      Tow bar is easy to fit. I have a spare one here(£40), if you want a trip over I would even help you fit it and sort your oils out with you. Only ever done single electrics.
      I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

There are several different wiring systems for the 12S/12N sockets dependent on your van ...

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Hi jotto

I dont have time to come over but many thanks for the offer, I am very interested in your bar though, Do i have to get the towing eye off to fit it if so how do you do it?
          Also if i sent a courier would yu wrap it up for me

Gaz

btw, being new on here , anyone got advice re search options etc as i keep coming up with what seems like loads of unrelated stuff or sometimes what seems good stuff but dead links or missing pictures, just wondered if i'm having a blonde moment with the search?

Thanks for all your help?

Comment

Hi Gaz
            Welcome to the forum.
            Yea the search function can be a bit hit and miss.
            What i tend to do is go to "advanced search" which is in the drop down window when you click "search". I then enter the relevant words in the "search by keywords" box and then select "search titles only" in the drop down box below that.
            That seems to get me what I need most of the time.

Another tip (for free)

if you still need to post a question, do it one question at a time. If most are like me they see alot of questions asked all at once, and it seems like hard work answering them all.
            Plus, it gets your post count up.

Have fun on the forum and ask away young man.

Blackpoolsparks
            私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Blackpoolsparks, Good tips and advice
              many thanks
              Gaz

Comment

Hello and welcome!! Your not to far from me!! Re the tow bar have a look on roughtrax4x4.com they have some pics that will help you get a better idea how it fits.

Comment

you dont need to take the towing eye off at all so god knows what that pillock is talking about.You may have to take the rear exhaust mount off and move it as its too close to the chasis for the towbar mount.You may not have to move it but i have fitted a couple and one yesterday which did have to be moved.They are easy enough to fit and should take about an hour to hour and half
                  Re Jotto's towbar you can get it sent for £20 so for £60 delivered you got a good price and all you need to do is wire the electrics in
                  Last edited by stormforce; 8 July 2010, 08:41.
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hi

Many Thanks Hiroler, great pics on that link.

Stormforce , many thanks for advice you've eased my mind a lot so now will attempt it myself, just waiting to here from jotto now to see if he will post it.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X