Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyl head gasket, ATT 3.0L TD owners

Here again folks

just received my new gasket kit and comparing the old head gasket to the new there is one waterway hole on the new one blocked/still sealed on number 1 cylinder, does this have to be drilled out on the new gasket? need to know asap as want to get on with the job, TIA Hazzo

BUMP, cmon someone else must have had the same issue we all use roughtrax for this stuff, has no-one else compared the gaskets before setting about the repairing of the head.

The gasket set pack states Matsuyama KZTE cylinder head set. cheers Hazzo

Comment

Have you phoned Roughtrax?
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Thought I'd get a quicker/better answer here as this is where all these heads get done.

Through past experience of anything motorwise I look to dealers for parts and nothing else, some bird answering the telephone will be unlikely to either know, or understand what I want, if the part had been exactly the same it would be on there now, if its a modification to improve flow through the head then I'll be happy, if it stops/impedes flow to number 1 pot valves and cracks the head there I'll be thoroughly pi$$ed and out of pocket twice.

What the **** are fora for if not advice.H

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzo View Post
          Thought I'd get a quicker/better answer here as this is where all these heads get done.

Through past experience of anything motorwise I look to dealers for parts and nothing else, some bird answering the telephone will be unlikely to either know, or understand what I want, if the part had been exactly the same it would be on there now, if its a modification to improve flow through the head then I'll be happy, if it stops/impedes flow to number 1 pot valves and cracks the head there I'll be thoroughly pi$$ed and out of pocket twice.

What the **** are fora for if not advice.H
          You obviously haven't phoned Roughtrax then. Barry is well worth chatting to if you have a problem. You aren't dealing with a huge corporate multi-national company at Roughtrax! Dunno how many people they employ but I bet it isn't that many...

Comment

I have a new head and gasket in garage for tonights job, will have a look after footies finished, I'm sure you'll find it dosn't go anywhere.
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Hi Tony

it looks as though it does and its a proper hole on the original but this new gasket its blanked, first sausage shaped hole No 1 pot, exhaust side. Hazzo
              Last edited by Hazzo; 7 July 2010, 20:56.

Comment

Working...
              X