how about 32X11.50R16's with 2" suspension lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how about 32X11.50R16's with 2" suspension lift

Was talking to a local garage and they said if I was to get a 2" lift, fitting 32x11.50R16's "may" be possible with no rubbing.
    So, has anyone fitted these?
    I've seen the 33/12.50's on a 4" total lift and it is a little bit too much as I need to use the surf for work.
    Any recco's on where I can get 32/11.50/16 tyres? been googling them for an hour and not much joy yet!
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

Why would 33s be too much for work? I had 33s on my daily drive for years, it was fine.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      Why would 33s be too much for work? I had 33s on my daily drive for years, it was fine.
      Saw some today on a surf with 4" lift and they look mahoosive! Granted they were a very agressive (M/T) tread pattern that wrapped around the sidewall, but still, they seemed too big (for me)
      We spoke about what i could get on with the 2" suspension lift with HD coils and was told 33's would rub without bodylift and some other fettling. 31/1050's are fine as we know so, 32/11/50's might be "just" ok if set up right, and my garage seems to know what they are talking about. Just wondered if anyone has got them, thats all!
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

32s will be OK for a DD with 2" suspension lift, just depends what off-set the wheels are, got any photos?

Add your vehicle details to your profile so I don't have to search through your post history to find out, most annoying.

Comment

Never heard of anyone with 32s to be honest, and I expect you'll pay a premium for them.

I ran aggressive muds on my daily for a while, then swapped to BFG ATs due to excessive wear and noise, and kept a seperate set of wheels with muds on. The BFG ATs were 33s and were absolutely fine. If you want to go bigger than 31, I'm not sure why you think 33s might be too big. I reckon you'll pay over the odds for 32s if you can find them, and end up wanting to do a bodylift (cheap and easy) so you can fit 33s anyway.

BTW, with a 2" body lift and a 2" sus lift, there is no more fettling needed to get 33s on.

If you really dont want 33s, I'd personally stick with 31s which are cheap and easy to come by, and still look good with a small sus lift.

Comment

32 x 11.5 BFG AT's @ £105 inc VAT

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post

Apparently he needs 16" though.

Comment

<sucks air through teeth>

Gonna cost ya.

Thats ONE tyre available in that size from one of the biggest tyre dealers around. Its up to you, but like I said, its not a 'popular' size so you're never going to have massive choice / stock.

Cant beat BFG ATs though if you do go for it.
                Last edited by Apache; 6 July 2010, 23:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post

BTW, with a 2" body lift and a 2" sus lift, there is no more fettling needed to get 33s on.

If you really dont want 33s, I'd personally stick with 31s which are cheap and easy to come by, and still look good with a small sus lift.
                  My garage showed me on a raised truck where they had to cut back the front of the inner wheel arch extension and a weld seam at the back of the tyre well that needs flattening???? ?????

You might be right about the tyres, but how much bigger are31/10/50's compared to the 265/70/r16's on it at the moment?
                  www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                    how much bigger are31/10/50's compared to the 265/70/r16's on it at the moment?

They're not, they're smaller!

Comment

There's a tyre calc around somewhere, but I think its about the same. Your garage is wrong. Lots of folk on here have been running 33s on Surfs. The key is having the right wheel offset. I had -32, and had no rub at all with the BFGs and minor rub on full lock on the plastic mudflaps with 33 x 13.5 Maxxis Mudzillas.

There is absolutely no need to do any cutting / welding / rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                        Apparently he needs 16" though.

found this though

http://wscope.com/tire_conversion_chart.htm

275 or 185/75R16's seem to be in the middle!
                        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post

found this though

http://wscope.com/tire_conversion_chart.htm

275 or 185/75R16's seem to be in the middle!

Either you are getting your sizes wrong or you've been fed a load of B/S, but do you know for sure what tyres are fitted right now as we type??

Comment

They're not, they're smaller!
                            not according to my calc! 31/10.50's are 4/10ths of an inch taller, same width!
                            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

do you know for sure what tyres are fitted right now as we type??
                              Probably the same size as before he started typing, which will be the same when he finishes?

I see what you're saying though!

Comment

Working...
                              X