Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how cheap..

could you do a V8 surf conversion for?

obviously need to buy a cheap surf and cheap lexus but how easy is the swap.
    My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Have a read through Bushwhackers threads on the lexsurf as he has done 3 already and about to start his 4th one.I can supply a rolling shell for you reasonable cost and deliver it for you
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

just been searcjing for his threads but the search comes up with loads of drivel.

Comment

Well use your drivel filter !
        Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

used the drivel filter, but cant get bushwhackers posts on his lexsurfs

Comment

Plenty of info on the usa sites. Some guy on there has been doing it for donkeys.
            Best thing would be do the research and so the job yourself when your diesel engine blows up
            If your going to spend the money anyway...
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by che2318 View Post
              could you do a V8 surf conversion for?

obviously need to buy a cheap surf and cheap lexus but how easy is the swap.
              apart from the surf and the lexus and a lot of sundry mechanical items and a workshop about 400 hours of your time if like me a mere mortal but Bushy can do it in his sleep! and the conversion as well!

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55797

not to blow own trumpet but this is a good write up with the help of a few people namely vince!
              http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

good christ all mighty.

the V8 conversion looks a right ###### knuckle scrapping pain in the jacksie!

im a little put off now. i do like a challenge but wiring looms are way way way out of my league and so is making manifolds and getting different parts to fit each other. on top of a few other things i saw in the write up ( ###### good write up by the way).

do i or dont i ....

i could take the engine out of both vehicles....but id then be like the chuckle brothers when it comes to fitting the lex in.

tough decision, cos i really want a V8 roar from under my bonnet....not a 2.4 burp.

Comment

Save your pennies in a jar and when you've got 200,000 of them send them down to Vince in the back of a Surf and Bob should be your Mothers brother

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Working...
                  X