Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSV's-I'm in one, picture added

Hi folks

on another thread someone was going to photo his vac pipework for me.

Really from the diagram in the manual I can suss the throttle and EGR ones its the pipe which runs along the block under the inlet manifold I'm stuck on.

The end goes where? and the branch(hid underneath the in manifold) goes to where?

I've trawled through dozens of posts, tried Nifty Nevs toyodiy links (dont do anything) and all I find is 2.4 pics and links, also downloaded multi megabytes of manuals from Matts site and done my effin head in.

Anyone got pictures of this crap on a 3.0L TD. Would be most gratefully appreciated.

And, as I'm blanking off the egr at both ends can I just throw these ba$tards in the bin. my next step. Cheers H
    Last edited by Hazzo; 6 July 2010, 12:25.

bump. 50 odd views, no response, cmon all the reheaders must know. H

Comment

i wouldnt have a clue.

i have a 2.4 and havent even began to try and blank the egr,

My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

you would if you stripped it and saw the gunge in the intake manifold, 14 years of tar, probably what my lungs look like after all the fags I've got through thinking about this car, EGR = not good imo. H

Comment

im gonna blank mine next month.

but have to whip out my grinder and get those gaskets for the egr pipe out.
          My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzo View Post
            bump. 50 odd views, no response, cmon all the reheaders must know. H
            Yep, I've done my 2.4 but not a clue regarding a 3.0. Take a photo or two of what you've got at the mo and I'll see if it looks familiar...

Comment

Its the vac pipe along the engine block I need info on, the EGR is going to be blocked off so I'm hoping the vsv for this wont matter too much.

To disconnect the two pipes from the block pipe were done pretty much blind, one underneath the intake manifold sprung away and the pipe end one at no.4 cylinder I can't remember but suspect it goes to the EGR flying saucer.

Info appreciated from 3.0L owners, I'll take some pics of what I mean and post en. H

Comment

i only have 2.4 pic
                tiz why i no posted
                am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

yeah I know, cheers, here's the pic of the pipe

all help appreciated most grateful, pics would be best, thanks again Hazzo

Comment

2.4 here as well but if your just removeing the EGR and it's any help, when i did away with mine i left the vac pipes and electrical solinoids in place and connected, just blanked off the vac pipe from the egr itself, someone advised this in case it upset the ecu!! dunno if that makes sense but there ya go,

i'd advise removeing the inlet manifold as well and give ita clean out, mine looked like winston Churchill's lungs, chock a bloc with oily black $hit
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

the ozzy site has pics of allsort
                      you tryed there

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/

tiz this you want? add system 3ltr
                      http://toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/add.htm
                      Last edited by JUDWAK; 6 July 2010, 12:34.
                      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

This help?

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                          2.4 here as well but if your just removeing the EGR and it's any help, when i did away with mine i left the vac pipes and electrical solinoids in place and connected, just blanked off the vac pipe from the egr itself, someone advised this in case it upset the ecu!! dunno if that makes sense but there ya go,

i'd advise removeing the inlet manifold as well and give ita clean out, mine looked like winston Churchill's lungs, chock a bloc with oily black $hit
                          Hi Popeye

already cleaned out intake manifold, crossover pipework, butterfly valves, rocker cover, in fact everything I removed is now sparkling clean, just got to stick it back together now. H

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
                            This help?

Nev
                            That looks like it though the branch on mine points in toward the cyl head, where is this diagram from, any links to the manual its from as I don't have that diagram in the KZTE manual I found. H

Comment

Look at that Dia, it looks like one pipe splits to 3. I see one Y piece but is another one hidden?

Comment

Working...
                              X