bigger exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T1z3R View Post
    longlife quoted me £255 from the turbo back on my 2.4.
    havent booked it in yet. should i expect them to rethink the quote?
    Was that the Leeds branch? We all had a "book" to go by with standard prices for standard systems, but when it's completely bespoke e.g. from the turbo then depending on how long they reckon it will take depends on price usually. If they quoted from the turbo at that price, it seems a good price to me.

If we had a quiet period I would include extras for little or no extra charge.

If that's your quote and you want it done then take the quote If they changed the price I would only get very annoyed
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by tonupteabag View Post
      right i've heard on here about using 3" tube and make a free flowing exhaust will help acceleration and mpg the question is basically would any performance silencer do the trick or will i have to try and fabricate one i did get a powerflow exhaust built for my old st24 and it wasn't bad tbh now the fitting centre is still in business but im skint and don't relish the price so i'm thinking of building my own firstly i need a cheap steel supplier and a cheap exhaust box and i can do the rest so any info would be appreciated
      Your on the wrong forum, you need www.barryboys.com
      Brian

Comment

Thats the wrong link Yoshie.

This one http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=1
        Last edited by Phantom; 10 July 2010, 09:56.
        monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
          Thats the wrong link Yoshie.

This one http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=1
          lol quality, idiot, beer and internet not the best combination. Sorry
          Brian

Comment

@dieselboy, no mate. ayrshire franchise that quoted me.

Comment

@phantom
              hi mate got the exhaust fitted sounds ok but the question is did the exhaust come off a late 2.4 as i've had to remove the spare wheel off mine as it fouled the exhaust quite badly now did yours have the tailgate mounted spare and could one be fitted to an earlier surf without too much hassle?
              I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tonupteabag View Post
                @phantom
                hi mate got the exhaust fitted sounds ok but the question is did the exhaust come off a late 2.4 as i've had to remove the spare wheel off mine as it fouled the exhaust quite badly now did yours have the tailgate mounted spare and could one be fitted to an earlier surf without too much hassle?
                Nah it came off a 3.0ltr, with a tailgate mounted spare. Not sure about fitment I'll go look at my other one.
                monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Just had a look the carrier is bolted to pillar of the truck, so not sure if the 2.4 has the threaded holes that you need for the bolts to screw into. I am sure someone more knowledgable will be along shortly with a yay or nay for ya.
                  As i said the turbo will take most of the noise away so no matter what zorst you fit the sound is'nt going to be much different.
                  monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

ok no worries, happy with the pipe tho' and it has made a subtle difference in power it just seems to pick up a little quicker
                    I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X