What the hell happened...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell happened...........

I checked the oil and what have yer this afternoon and too my horror the top rad hose was flat as if it had been put in one those JML bags connected to the hoover you see on QVC
    I checked to see if there was fluid in the system and as I released the pressure cap it hissed and the pipe returned to normal No overheating there is fluid in the system
    WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED...........

Your Rad cap is gubbed, its not letting coolant back from the expansion tank as the engine cools, so it sucks in the hoses.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

thanks for the quick reply Tony, so what do I do order a new rad cap or soak this one over night in something..........

Comment

Aye, go to the wee shop down the road and buy some RadCapFix, soak it in that until the cap turns yellow. Once it's yellow, nip next door and get some sugar then dab salt around the rubber seal on the cap. Re-fit the cap, run the engine up to temperature and let it cool overnight to see what happens.

If it still sooks the hose flat, you'll unfortunately need to buy a new cap.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          Aye, go to the wee shop down the road and buy some RadCapFix, soak it in that until the cap turns yellow. Once it's yellow, nip next door and get some sugar then dab salt around the rubber seal on the cap. Re-fit the cap, run the engine up to temperature and let it cool overnight to see what happens.

If it still sooks the hose flat, you'll unfortunately need to buy a new cap.

there you go.
          http://www.milneroffroad.com/categories.asp?cID=12229

Comment

I would just buy a new cap
            If at first you don't succeed.........give up.

Comment

What Andy is trying to say is...

Buy a new cap, on a truck that the cooling system needs to be 100% on, its not worth the risk. Get your wallet out!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

PMSL............ this morning thanks guy's

Comment

there is a small pixies in your diesel
                  after you turn ya engine off they suck the pipes in

best fix tease them out with a beef stake
                  wave it around the fuel tank with the tank open

there could be up to 12 in there

once they jump on the stake
                  bag em up
                  lock em in a shed and make them make shoes
                  am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by garry View Post
                    I checked the oil and what have yer this afternoon and too my horror the top rad hose was flat as if it had been put in one those JML bags connected to the hoover you see on QVC
                    I checked to see if there was fluid in the system and as I released the pressure cap it hissed and the pipe returned to normal No overheating there is fluid in the system
                    WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED...........
                    This happened to me after a long 4 hour drive up to Leeds. Turned out my overflow pipe was completely blocked, but it let coolant into the expansion bottle but wouldnt allow it to return to the tank when it cooled, therefore creating negative pressure in the system.
                    I removed the overflow pipe and blew it through with my mouth the opposite way. Crap came out all over.

On the way back home from Leeds my engine temperature began to creep up
                    passed halfway to 3/4. I knew then that also my rad cap was buggered. The blocked overflow pipe had just masked this problem. So, I promptly slowed down to 60 so the temp cooled back down and pulled in a service station. Luckily for me I had some envelopes of paper. I tightly wound a tear of paper and stuffed it into the overflow pipe to block it back up once again (to hold pressure in the system). The engine temperature remained half way as per usual and it lasted until the replacement cap arrived.
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                      there is a small pixies in your diesel
                      after you turn ya engine off they suck the pipes in

best fix tease them out with a beef stake
                      wave it around the fuel tank with the tank open

there could be up to 12 in there

once they jump on the stake
                      bag em up
                      lock em in a shed and make them make shoes
                      I stick by what I say, you're one crazy person
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                        I stick by what I say, you're one crazy person
                        ya wonna hear mi story about mi cat
                        i tell it every one
                        all the kids around here have heard it some beleave me too
                        tiz not wrong of me is it?
                        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

The toyota rad cap fits a lot better than the pattern ones, so is worth the extra cash imo.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                            The toyota rad cap fits a lot better than the pattern ones, so is worth the extra cash imo.
                            Thanks for that but where do I get a toyota one from (Toyota dealer maybe)
                            I have just gotten off roughtrax website and they only have what looks like the pattern ones you speak of or are these the right ones

Comment

Originally posted by garry View Post
                              Thanks for that but where do I get a toyota one from (Toyota dealer maybe)
                              I have just gotten off roughtrax website and they only have what looks like the pattern ones you speak of or are these the right ones
                              Bought mine from Roughtrax but they don't seem to be listing it now. Toyota main dealer then...

Comment

Working...
                              X