Cornwall Here We Come!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornwall Here We Come!

Only been to Cornwall once, way back in 1975 when Laura and I were first courting. Travelled down from Newcastle in an old Hillman Hunter. Now we've been on numerous holidays abroad but that Cornwall holiday always sticks in my mind. I really loved the place and always promised we'd go back.

I've tried to get Laura to go down in the truck for about 3 years and she's finally agreed, so come early September we'll be on our way. I'm filtering WVO as we speak, so the journey shouldn't cost too much (almost 1,000 miles round trip!)

Had plenty done on the truck in the past year, timing belt kit etc so all I have to do is a good service before we set off. To be honest I can hardly wait! The thought of exploring those hidden coves etc with the Surf is my idea of a great holiday (I've had to agree to a super duper holiday abroad next year though! )
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

will hopefully meet up the Jim if your this far down.Where abouts will you be staying
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

you will love it, what ever the weather just don't let Will give you a guided tour

sorry couldn't help myself
      Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
        will hopefully meet up the Jim if your this far down.Where abouts will you be staying
        Porthleven, Rich, just outside Helston. Would be great if we could meet up with you sometime during the week.

Originally posted by mud skipper View Post
        you will love it, what ever the weather just don't let Will give you a guided tour
        Oh yes, I'm absolutely sure I will.

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper View Post

dont guide anyone any more to ill to do it or even go stormys

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
            Porthleven, Rich, just outside Helston. Would be great if we could meet up with you sometime during the week.

Oh yes, I'm absolutely sure I will.
            i'm only 11m from there Jimso i'm sure we can arrange a day to meet up

Comment

Have to say that we thoroughly enjoyed our brief stay earlier this year ! lots to see and explore hope to go down again in Autumn !
              Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Have fun. Lot's of photos!
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                  i'm only 11m from there Jim so i'm sure we can arrange a day to meet up
                  That would be brilliant, Richard. Will get in touch nearer the time if that's okay?

Comment

right on Jim

Comment

Well, well. The company who are letting the cottage I asked for never replied so I rang them today. Evidently the cottage that was advertised as available had a prior booking for that date which hadn't been confirmed! Now they say it's booked but I can have another one in the same location for £150 a week more. You can guess my answer.

So once again I'm looking for another cottage, took me ages to find the last one!

Comment

Working...
                      X