hi everyone !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi everyone !!!!

bit of silly question my surf which ive had a couple of weeks has only got lap belts in the back ive noticed that later ones have 3 points in the back. can they be swapped if so what do i need parts wise thanks

Yes they can, all the bits you NEED are attached to the belt and so if you get some they will fit. There are however two covers you have to take off in the boot space where the ratchet parts of the belt fit to the chassis which leave holes if you don't get them and also the top mount near the roof normally has a little surround to it but they work just aswell without too.

I have done this changeover so I know first hand.

There are a couple of quirks with the pre-facelift 2nd gens including different brakes, alternator and clutch to mention some of the major components. Lap belts in the back were upgraded to 3 points along with the headlights and the aforementioned parts in August 1991.

I've done a lot of work on mine so let me know if you have any questions or need anything.

Happy Surfing!!

Ray.
    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

thanks for the info ray have took the 2 covers off and there are 2 holes one each side so im guessin that the 2 coat hooks above is where the pivot plate goes ?????? if so all i need is a pair of belts with fixings any one got any or do i do battle with ebay lol

Comment

£50 delivered for 2 rear seatbelts
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
          £50 delivered for 2 rear seatbelts
          sounds like a deal matey will they come with all the bolts and stuff needed please

Comment

Working...
          X