yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Listed in 'Parts Wanted',Mounting bolts for bull bar wanted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listed in 'Parts Wanted',Mounting bolts for bull bar wanted.

Just to draw your attention to this latest request.

Thanks.

Originally posted by TOYOTATONY View Post
    Just to draw your attention to this latest request.

Thanks.
    If you can find out exactly what you want (diameter, thread pitch, etc) I'd be more than happy to get hold of them from a local supplier for you and forward them on...

http://www.fwb.co.uk/

Comment

M12 x 1.25 pitch
      I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tonupteabag View Post
        M12 x 1.25 pitch
        1.25 pitch! Didn't expect that at all. That explains why my taps don't fit! I thought it was just corrosion build up on the threads. Unusually fine thread for such a job.

Thanks very much for that. It's a big help.

Regards
        Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
          If you can find out exactly what you want (diameter, thread pitch, etc) I'd be more than happy to get hold of them from a local supplier for you and forward them on...

http://www.fwb.co.uk/
          Hi,
          I've looked at the link you supplied, but I don't see any mention of a choice of thread pitch. In fact, no mention of the thread pitch that they do supply. I'll give them a ring Monday and ask.

Thanks for your reply & link.
          Regards
          Tony

Comment

yep they have the same thread pitch as later rover wheel bolts and as they are tensile its a cheaper way than paying a tenner for two from the suppliers
            I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi,
              I've looked at the link you supplied, but I don't see any mention of a choice of thread pitch. In fact, no mention of the thread pitch that they do supply. I'll give them a ring Monday and ask.

Thanks for your reply & link.
              Regards
              Tony
              Cos they're only just up the road from me I usually just go in and say "have you got anything like this, mate".

This is usually followed by them disappearing for 5 minutes and having a dig around the store room and reappearing with something similar saying "it's a bit too long/wrong head/etc but it'll do the job" and as long as you have torx bits, allen head bits, etc, you can generally get by.

If you'd rather I did this I'll quite happily go in and buy stuff and post them on to you.

Comment

Originally posted by tonupteabag View Post
                yep they have the same thread pitch as later rover wheel bolts and as they are tensile its a cheaper way than paying a tenner for two from the suppliers
                Interesting...I'll have to look into that. Thanks.

Comment

Cos they're only just up the road from me I usually just go in and say "have you got anything like this, mate".

This is usually followed by them disappearing for 5 minutes and having a dig around the store room and reappearing with something similar saying "it's a bit too long/wrong head/etc but it'll do the job" and as long as you have torx bits, allen head bits, etc, you can generally get by.

If you'd rather I did this I'll quite happily go in and buy stuff and post them on to you.
                  Ok then, I'll take you up on that.
                  The head can be hex,allen etc. but not countersunk.
                  Ideal size would be 2@ M12 x 40mm x 1.25 & 2@ M12 x 60mm x 1.25 & fully threaded. Having very short shanks would be okay but not long shanks.

It's likely the thread pitch of 1.25 will be the stumbling block however. Seems very little call for those & I don't want to start messing around with helicoils,inserts etc.

Let me know how you get on & it goes without saying what my appreciation is.

Thank you & regards
                  Tony

Comment

Ideal size would be 2@ M12 x 40mm x 1.25 & 2@ M12 x 60mm x 1.25 & fully threaded. Having very short shanks would be okay but not long shanks.

It's likely the thread pitch of 1.25 will be the stumbling block however. Seems very little call for those & I don't want to start messing around with helicoils,inserts etc.

Thank you & regards
                    Tony
                    No worries - I'll pop by for you tomorrow afternoon when I'm passing by!

Comment

Thank you & regards
                      Tony
                      I popped into FWB today. They had a bit of a search around but couldn't find anything. They don't do fine pitch metric bolts in that size normally (although I guess they were looking around in case they had any left over from a previous bulk order or something).

They couldn't think of anywhere else local to me that would be likely to stock them but I thought you might stand an outside chance from Mr Fastner:

http://www.mr-fastner.com/

Comment

I popped into FWB today. They had a bit of a search around but couldn't find anything. They don't do fine pitch metric bolts in that size normally (although I guess they were looking around in case they had any left over from a previous bulk order or something).

They couldn't think of anywhere else local to me that would be likely to stock them but I thought you might stand an outside chance from Mr Fastner:

http://www.mr-fastner.com/
                        Not surprised but thank you for trying.
                        Mr Fastener doesn't appear to stock anything like them either so had another search & found someone at last. They are:

Stig Fasteners. http://www.a2stainless.co.uk/default.aspx

Might come in useful for yourself one day.

Regards
                        Tony

Comment

Not surprised but thank you for trying.
                          Mr Fastener doesn't appear to stock anything like them either so had another search & found someone at last. They are:

Stig Fasteners. http://www.a2stainless.co.uk/default.aspx

Might come in useful for yourself one day.

Regards
                          Tony
                          Absolutely! Thanks for that - I'll share it with a few friends too...

Comment

Working...
                          X