Whoooooooooooooooow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoooooooooooooooow

Since I had the v8 conversion my truch has suffered with a missfire not major it was still able to drive but it was a bit annoying more than anything, I have been changing every thing to try and find the fault, rotors, caps, leads, plugs, o2 sensors, tps, ECU........... and finally today I changed the MAF and happy days she is running perfect!!!!! And with the new exchaust fitted sounding awesome!! One very happy chappy today!!!!

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
    Since I had the v8 conversion my truch has suffered with a missfire not major it was still able to drive but it was a bit annoying more than anything, I have been changing every thing to try and find the fault, rotors, caps, leads, plugs, o2 sensors, tps, ECU........... and finally today I changed the MAF and happy days she is running perfect!!!!! And with the new exchaust fitted sounding awesome!! One very happy chappy today!!!!
    Never seen a 'truch' with an 'exchaust'. Got a pic? Lol.

Isn't it great when a niggly problem is solved!?

Happy cruisin'.

Comment

Excellent!
      Spooky, was going to send you this too!http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11951
      Wasn't it the AFM that we couldn't try from Graham's Lexus because the plugs were different? sod's law or what, bluddie Celsiors!
      At least you know you have replaced everything that will need changing sooner or later anyway, now's the time to just enjoy it.

I've made a pre-wired, fuel pump cut-out relay circuit for your truck too, so if the engine should stall or you launch it into a tree the pump/fuel flow will shut off. Just got to do an easy to follow wiring diagram and I'll send it up.

p.s. You still getting a code 56?

p.p.s. Video camera not working??

p.p.p.s. Told you it wasn't the timing belt.
      Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 26 June 2010, 13:52.

Comment

Awesome Ross. We need a v8 Wales meet for sure.
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
          Awesome Ross. We need a v8 Wales meet for sure.
          to talk about globel warming?
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
            to talk about globel warming?

81 degrees here and I haven't fired up any of the V8s today yet!

Comment

30c here dont know what that is in the f things
              well its 30c on mi optex thermo-hunter
              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Gratz mate! it's bl00min' hot here too, 26c ( 78f)

http://www.wbuf.noaa.gov/tempfc.htm

if you wanted to convert either.

peace
                cal
                Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

i was to excited to worry about my spelling!! its my fat fingers on the iphone!!

here is a quick vid i did the other day when i got it back from the exhaust fitters. its installed well out the way so will not take any knocks when offroad.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcfWVS_IuUU

Comment

That sounds superb Ross. I'm getting quite excited now.
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      Excellent!
                      Spooky, was going to send you this too!http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11951
                      Wasn't it the AFM that we couldn't try from Graham's Lexus because the plugs were different? sod's law or what, bluddie Celsiors!
                      At least you know you have replaced everything that will need changing sooner or later anyway, now's the time to just enjoy it.

I've made a pre-wired, fuel pump cut-out relay circuit for your truck too, so if the engine should stall or you launch it into a tree the pump/fuel flow will shut off. Just got to do an easy to follow wiring diagram and I'll send it up.

p.s. You still getting a code 56?

p.p.s. Video camera not working??

p.p.p.s. Told you it wasn't the timing belt.
                      I think it was the ignitors that we could not swap we did not try the maf as it needs to be modified to fit the silicone pipework

its running a LS400 ECU i got from ebay, so it does not give any codes appart from O2 sensors but i think this is due to the LS400 using 4 wire sensors and mine only has the single wire type!

if i go back to my ECU it sometimes does that weird hunting thing sort of like it goes in to limp mode.

very true on the timing belt!! good job i took note and did not take it all appart to check!!

Comment

Just done a twin 2 1/4" unbalanced exhaust with just one of these on each end, http://www.spintechmufflers.com/muff...es/cat_23.html and two 3" outlets cut into the rear bumper, one either side of the towbar.
                        Sounds like a NASCAR racer i.e. very loud, and crackly on the over-run but quiet at idle. If you heard it coming up the street, you wouldn't expect the noise was coming from a twenty year old Toyota 4X4!
                        I recorded it in the garage the other day but I think the microphone on the camera was a little overwhelmed!

Comment

I would of prefered the outlets at the back the only problem i have is when the dogs are in the back i have the window down and they get gased as it tends to come straight in.

so is that Lexsurf III up and running now??

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
                            I would of prefered the outlets at the back the only problem i have is when the dogs are in the back i have the window down and they get gased as it tends to come straight in.

so is that Lexsurf III up and running now??

yep, being collected Tuesday or Wednesday.

Comment

How's it running all set and ready to go?? Make sure you post some pics when it's all done

Comment

Working...
                              X