+1 surf to the list of..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +1 surf to the list of..

surfs which have no working rear window!

mine decided to just not work last night.

wont have time to tinker with it till next weekend as i have a wedding and football this weekend.

what a pain in the arse.
    My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

check the window lock switch it will lock the back window as well
    I NEEED MUD.....and Welsh spring water!!!

Comment

Originally posted by evildwarf View Post
      check the window lock switch it will lock the back window as well
      Definitely worth a try, although it doesn't lock the key operated bit of the window circuit on mine. Dunno if this is the case with other Surfs.

I sorted the rear window motor on my Surf a few weeks ago. Dead easy to do and if you search the forum to find out which motors from other cars work you'll save yourself a fortune.

I bought one from the drivers side window on a Toyota MR2 for £20. For some reason if you stick the word "Surf" on a fleabay ad it automatically entitles the seller to more than double the price of second hand bits!

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
        Definitely worth a try, although it doesn't lock the key operated bit of the window circuit on mine. Dunno if this is the case with other Surfs.

I sorted the rear window motor on my Surf a few weeks ago. Dead easy to do and if you search the forum to find out which motors from other cars work you'll save yourself a fortune.

I bought one from the drivers side window on a Toyota MR2 for £20. For some reason if you stick the word "Surf" on a fleabay ad it automatically entitles the seller to more than double the price of second hand bits!

thats because these surfs are ....'rare'

Comment

The first time mine went, the motor had seperated from the "cog" bit in the motor unit. So, the motor was turning, but not applying any force to the window. I could push it up and down temporarily.
          To fix it, I bridged the two pieces together with thick welding rod and it's held ever since.

The second surf I had, the window had failed by the previous owner, who then neglected to do anything about it. He even advertised it when he sold it as fully working This time, it had failed because the motor cog which meets window mechanism had lost teeth due to rust. Through continuous use he had also worn the mechanism down a bit. When I replaced the motor all worked okay, but twice managed to get stuck down due to the teeth being a dodgy shape and sometimes the mechanism teeth met exactly the oposite of where they should have been with the motor teeth causing the window to get stuck down. The only way to fix was to loosen the motor off and then re-tighten.
          Eventually some more teeth snapped during the winter period just gone, so I replaced the whole mechanism from roughtrax and the window has never been so smooth and fast

Just a warning you don't do further damage and then cost yourself further expense like what happened in my case
          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Just open the tailgate.

Oops forgot the tractor version dose not work like that, do they
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
              Just open the tailgate.

Oops forgot the tractor version dose not work like that, do they

lol.

i shall have a tinker when i get time.