Recalibrating speedo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recalibrating speedo

Does any oen know of a place in the West Midlands, i.e. near Worcester that can recalibrate my speedo as it is under reading by about 4mph and I don't fancy getting a speeding ticket.
    Also has any one any idea of the approximate cost of doing a recalibration on a 1997 Surf which has normal standard size tyres and no mods? Thanks.

Originally posted by Surf01 View Post
    Does any oen know of a place in the West Midlands, i.e. near Worcester that can recalibrate my speedo as it is under reading by about 4mph and I don't fancy getting a speeding ticket. Thanks.
    If it's an electronic speedo rather than cable driven, then you can fit something like the SpeedoHealer or YellowBox.

Dan
    https://galooph.com

Comment

I am not sure what sort of speedo is in a 1997 Surf. If it is electronic.I woudl imagine it would be a lot easier to calibrate.
      As a matter of interest does any one know what they do to calibrate a speedo?

Comment

What's the easiest way to check which version one has?
        I'm assuming mine is mechanical as it's a pre-facelift 2 gen. but what connections am I looking for without taking out the dash?

(Sorry for hijacking your thread!)

Thanks,

Ray.
        I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Working...
        X