just had ago at the body lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just had ago at the body lift

and found that the washers are fixed to the standard bolts and the washers that came with the kit would probable pull through the holes in the floor ,so will get bigger washers tomorrow .the other thing is im very surprised at how high you have to lift the body so that you can fit a 2" spacer and even when i think i could get them in i still wouldn't of been able to get the front ones in .could i put them all in and then jack the car up on the front to fit the front ones ?

Originally posted by steve s View Post
    and found that the washers are fixed to the standard bolts and the washers that came with the kit would probable pull through the holes in the floor ,so will get bigger washers tomorrow .the other thing is im very surprised at how high you have to lift the body so that you can fit a 2" spacer and even when i think i could get them in i still wouldn't of been able to get the front ones in .could i put them all in and then jack the car up on the front to fit the front ones ?
    You need to do one side at a time Steve to limit the possibility of the body moving whilst you lift it

Comment

yes im doing that .would you slacken off all the nuts or just the side your working on

Comment

yes im doing that .would you slacken off all the nuts or just the side your working on
        Loosen all the bolts but don't remove the nuts from the side your not working on.

Comment

ok that's what i did .so i have done something right .the prob apart from the washer is that i didn't expect the body would have to be lifter so far .im going to have to get some more wood blocks from work tomorrow

Comment

Re-use the original washers!
            Just stand the bolt on end with the head end in a deep socket or similar socket and whack the other end to remove the washer.

Comment

thanks vince just had ago and it works a treat just need some more timber to get my jack a little higher .

Comment

Did you take your front bumper off? The sides of the bumper are attached to the body work and the main mounts hold it to the chassis so it pulls the front down. This means that you may have to get the back end higher to get the middle blocks in and it might be misleading you into thinking you need more height on the jack.
                With the bumper off I was able to lift 2" and then tap the block in so as not to stretch anything too far (watch your fuel filler hose!)

Thanks,

Ray.
                I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Have a read in the files at the top and search for info on the search button, there's tons of info/advice on lifts, loosen all bolts BUT only do one side at a time, not back to front, if you take all the bolts out thers a good chance the body will shift and you'll have a hell of a job lineing it up to the chassi,
                  dont forget to loosen all 3 steering shaft clamps, tank filler hose,, and take the bumper off, (front), be prepaired to cut off some metal where the steering passes through the bulkhead and around the trans hi-low lever, dont froget to remove the fan lower shroud, just have a good look round under there and chaqck as your jacking that theres nowt getting over streched
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
                  X