Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoking Surf

Hello Surfers,
    Ive had my surf for almost 3 months, had all belts changed, oil and all filters changed. Lately it is harder to start, 2 or 3 lots of coil light on dash, then about 5 seconds of ignition before it starts. Lots of smoke on start, then runs ok. All the gauges on the dash are ok when warm, but I get a lot of blue smoke when I sit in traffic, also a smell when driving with the windows open, maybe burning oil smell.
    Anyone got any ideas?
    It drives ok, gauges are ok, just lots of blue-white smoke when sitting in traffic and when accelerating hard?
    Thanks for any help, Stuart.

Hi Stuart.Did you put redex or atf in the new filter before fitting in order to give the pump and injectors a good clean out.
    Also it sounds like it could be glow plug issue with the starting as alot of us had this same problem earlier in the year.
    Is the engine still turning over fast or is it a bit sluggish
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hello Richard,
      I dont think the garage put anything in the new fuel filter, I just saw them replace it. I have put a whole redex in half a tank after I read it on here, but the problems seem to be getting worse. Its firing ok when I turn the key, the batteries were new when I got the surf, it just takes a good few seconds to start. Im seeing the white-blue-ish smoke when the surf is warm and running ok, when I sit in traffic, the surf shudders abit and the 4x4 gear stick shakes, with quite abit of smoke coming out the exhaust. The gauges dont show any trouble and I have done a few long trips ok.
      Any ideas what it could be?
      Thanks for any help, Stuart.

Comment

I would start by changing the fuel filter and before fitting fill it with ATF as i find that better than redex.Filling the fuel filter will have a better effect than putting straight into the tank as its neat and will clean the pump and injectors better.When you have done this take the truck out and turn the OD off and ECT on and drive the truck like you stole it for a mile or so and hopefully that will clean the system out good and proper.
        Change the air filter aswell.
        I would also think about fitting new glowplugs
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
        X