Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
    Hmm some contradicting views here.
    Not really contradicting, just a different interpretation of what you're saying. Whatever the issue is, one of them isn't right so it's best to return them both.

Sometimes I cannot even compress it to the end.
    I said what I said because you described one damper as sometimes not compressing fully, that's not right.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
      Not really contradicting, just a different interpretation of what you're saying. Whatever the issue is, one of them isn't right so it's best to return them both.

I said what I said because you described one damper as sometimes not compressing fully, that's not right.
      Thanks for explaining your statement.
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Sounds exactly like the ones I received although mine also had dodgy welds on the eyes too - looked like the weld had been put on from quite a long way off with a catapult.

Thanks to Roughtrax, mine were replaced without any problems at all, but although the replacements were a big improvement, I still thought they were quite shoddily made and the paint finish was a bit hit-n-mis too. They've been fitted for a little over 3 months now, and even though the truck has only covered around 200 miles (on tarmac) in dry weather since fitting them, all four shocks are showing signs of rusting faster than a landrover. Note to self: Repaint the next ones before fitting them!

Alan
        Last edited by Alamo; 11 June 2010, 15:15.
        If at first you don't succeed,
        Destroy all evidence that you even tried.

Comment

re

I had to get a replacement for one of my Front +2 Desert Fox shocks from Roughtrax about 6 weeks ago.

Barry was a real diamond about it and didn't even want the old one returned.

I think that there seems to be a quality issue with them and it is pot luck.

When I get the chance I'm gonna take them off and paint them properly as they were very badly painted.

They seem to be very easily corroded as well?

Gary

Comment

The good one I have has some brown rust marks on it already. Not sure if it's because it's been rubbing against something else that has rusted. I'll spray them before fitting them to be on the safe side.

It seems the ProComp shocks are miles better than these though.
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
            X