@ Bushwacker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ Bushwacker

Hi mate, could only find a couple of pics of em stripped, (not a lot of help i guess), however if you need a pic of the reversed valved and the ne i had to redrill let me know and i take some close-up's,
    what are the rims you have like? any pics?????
    Attached Files
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

hey Vince they are the same make as the rims you got from me
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks Ian, forgot yours are three piece split rims, mine are two piece with removeable centres.

Polishing the centre section was easy.......

Here's what it looks like with the rim reversed....

You can see what I mean whe I said it's gonna take a lot of work to get them polished up like yours.........

p.s. Stormforce, I did this about 30 mins after you left here!

Comment

they are looking mighty fine now vince.They will look good with some nice rubber on them

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
          they are looking mighty fine now vince.They will look good with some nice rubber on them

Yep, I'm going for 33/12.5/15 General Grabber A/Ts.
          I fitted one to this narrow bodied truck I have here, put a vertical straight edge across the rim and measured the distance from the wing/wheel arch,

Three inches!!

I think the tyres will stick out from the arch extentions roughly the same as your old wheels/tyres combo did, luvvly!

Comment

they will look better sticking out further from the arches.Thats what i liked about my old truck with those rims i had.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
              hey Vince they are the same make as the rims you got from me

Nope, different make and less pieces per wheel.

Comment

ok could i split my wheels

i have just painted them but thought it safe not to take them apart ,the thing is the wheels on my isuzu are the same and they could do with repaint

Comment

Vince they are going to look so good when done, i like.
                  Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

It's going to be hard work, but worth it.

Comment

They look nice, much easier to reverse than the 3 peice rims,
                      ya gonna clear colour the centers then? to match the truck colour!!

forgot to mention Vince, before you go too far polishing check that the reversed rim fits on the front ok and dosen't foul on the caliper, those rims look about the same original off set as my spare (which i still haven't checked fit on the front) if it dont, i'm in for some shuffeling about if i get a punture on the front
                      looks like you'll need to redrill the valves too, at least you dont have to bugger about resealing the rims tho
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by POPEYE; 12 June 2010, 08:22.

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
                        ok could i split my wheels

i have just painted them but thought it safe not to take them apart ,the thing is the wheels on my isuzu are the same and they could do with repaint
                        Dont think so! sorry you need to see how they are put together, some are dummy splits, they have rivets instead of bolts and some are just molded in rivits, before you go messing tho let the air out
                        (only a complete numpty would try takeing em apart with the air in)
                        Last edited by POPEYE; 12 June 2010, 08:28.

Comment

well mine have an alan type bolt and a nut on the inside

Comment

Originally posted by steve s View Post
                            well mine have an alan type bolt and a nut on the inside
                            Same as mine then, in that case you probably could reverse em, like i said you would need to determine how they mate together ie:- two or three part splits, strip one and reassemble it reversed and check for clearance etc on the caliper, backs aint a problem, just the caliper, also see how the valve is, weather you can reverse it (if it's angled0 and poke it through or if you need to redrill new holes, all of this aint difficult, it's polishing the old inner rim (assumeing you want em shiney) thats the sod,
                            Last edited by POPEYE; 12 June 2010, 19:21.

Comment

OK, the only way I'm going to get the insides of these rims smooth enough to be able to polish them is if I put them on a lathe and remove some of the alloy, they are really pitted!
                              So I've gone for the safer option of polishing the centres and sanding and spraying the rims with aluminum paint. (Rustin's alminum paint, contains actual aluminum leaf! )
                              Don't look too bad, very sparkly in direct sunlight.

Comment

Working...
                              X