Why I bought my Runner in the UK!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I bought my Runner in the UK!!

Thought some of you might like to see what our european cousins think a 4Runner is worth!
    I was looking through a popular French website this evening and I found this:-

http://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/103463792.htm?ca=14_s

For non French speakers-
    Hello,I am selling the body and the chassis of a Runner in very good condition,Right hand drive.Below still with its suspension and shocks,and even more it has its auto box,tranfer box and converter!Price €1000 or for €1500 you can have the four doors,the wings,the interior complete,and the bonnet! Urgent sale required,need the space.

And another,this time complete,and running

http://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/106104751.htm?ca=14_s

His Runner appears to be floating on some kind of green oil
    At todays rate thats about £6,700.00 must be good for that money!!

Is it just France that commands crazy prices for 2nd hand cars or does anyone know if this is the same else where in Europe??

Thats why I came to England bought My Runner for £1500 and even with the ferry,petrol and tolls I'm still quids in!!!!

Regards

Mark

Wow! and I thought New Zealand was bad.

2.4 1991 will set you back around £3000

Comment

Tell you what, mon ami,
      for £6,700 they can have my mint condition 3rd gen Surf.

DELIVERED
      lol
      Attached Files
      Last edited by blackpoolsparks; 9 June 2010, 23:24.
      私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Mint?
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

To be fair, they might be as misguided as some of the chancers we get here on ebay.
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by Thrifty
            1 euro is about = to 1 pound roughly speaking :
            Thrifty check here;-

http://www.x-rates.com/

You will find the Pound has strengthened against the pound in the past week and is now running at about €1.2 to the £.

Good news for some,but for me its bitter sweet! I buy a fair ammount od stuff from the UK,but most of my clients are Ex-pats with UK bank acoounts

Mark

Comment

The euro rollercoaster folls on ! we are forward trading at 1.29 euro to the pound but expect a few falls this year , 22nd June budget will be the next 'blip' we await the Portugal report to see how bad their economy really is ! Italy isn't as bad as predicted , however no comfort to any expats on the continent in euroland ! so if anybody is getting ready for hols maybe good idea to look at ordering sooner ?
              Last edited by John h; 10 June 2010, 08:14. Reason: spelling mistakes !
              Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by s car go View Post
                Thought some of you might like to see what our european cousins think a 4Runner is worth!
                I was looking through a popular French website this evening and I found this:-

http://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/103463792.htm?ca=14_s

For non French speakers-
                Hello,I am selling the body and the chassis of a Runner in very good condition,Right hand drive.Below still with its suspension and shocks,and even more it has its auto box,tranfer box and converter!Price €1000 or for €1500 you can have the four doors,the wings,the interior complete,and the bonnet! Urgent sale required,need the space.

And another,this time complete,and running

http://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/106104751.htm?ca=14_s

His Runner appears to be floating on some kind of green oil
                At todays rate thats about £6,700.00 must be good for that money!!

Is it just France that commands crazy prices for 2nd hand cars or does anyone know if this is the same else where in Europe??

Thats why I came to England bought My Runner for £1500 and even with the ferry,petrol and tolls I'm still quids in!!!!

Regards

Mark
                Same over here gettin one from UK as well just saves a whole lot of non sensical red tape and fees! (extra 200 euro just to swap titles then ...tax...)

Rob

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...highlight=ebay
                The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

maybe i should go sell mine over there then use the money to buy a spanking one over here!
                  My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

Shhhhhh think i will sell the best one of mine so some idiot with more cash than sense (i dont have a lot of either unfortunately )....but one petrol 4runner that i was looking at last year was asking for about 6000 USD but for a laugh ... http://www.naplesallhands.com/item.aspx?id=9910
                    The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Cream cheese

Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Unbelievable
                        My dads in Belgrade for the month of July, might drive over and then fly back

8,000 Euros for a 96' ?????

I should be able to get 10K easy then...
                        私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by wiggy View Post
                          Same over here gettin one from UK as well just saves a whole lot of non sensical red tape and fees! (extra 200 euro just to swap titles then ...tax...)

Rob
                          ]
                          I have started putting my truck into the French system
                          The reason I had to have a 4Runner is the French refuse to accept the surf as a suitable model for use on their roads.As most of you know the 4Runner was sold officially in Europe and has a 17 digit chassis no like all other cars in Europe.You can get a surf into the system but its like getting a kit car approved,so expensive!
                          By the time I've finished I will have coughed up €135 for a Certificate de conformité,€130 for a new set of Headlamps,€60 for a Controle Technique(MOT) and €175 for the Carte Gris (Reg Doc) and €25 for a new set of no plates!

Quite alot of money,but with MOT every 2 years and no road tax ever,Im still Quids In

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                            Unbelievable
                            My dads in Belgrade for the month of July, might drive over and then fly back
                            I'm driving back this weekend, with a digger on a trailer.!!!
                            Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Working...
                            X