3rd gen Spare wheel carrier ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd gen Spare wheel carrier ???

My spare wheel carrier rattles most of the time now. It apear to be the top henge that's worn. Can the henge pin be replaced ?? or do I put up with the rattle.

Tried adjusting (screwing out) the rubber stop a bit? Worked well on mine.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Dodgy henge? Better get it fixed before the solstice or you'll have a few angry druids to deal with!

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
        Dodgy henge? Better get it fixed before the solstice or you'll have a few angry druids to deal with!
        the old Dyslexia kicked again !!!!

Comment

Hi ian, I've taken the wheel hanger off my surf as it just annoyed me too much. The bottom hinge is mega seized but the top one is free without any play. I did try WD40'ing the bottom hinge but its not playing, maybe an injection of grease would sort it. I was going to sling it on ebay with a heap of other shite I'm collecting but you can have it for a couple of beer tokens if you like.

Comment

you can pack the hinge with greese. if you look on the inside of the hinge you will see a small hole, if you have a needle greese gun use that or you can use a syringe the type you use for giving babies meds.
            SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by cabbage View Post
              Hi ian, I've taken the wheel hanger off my surf as it just annoyed me too much. The bottom hinge is mega seized but the top one is free without any play. I did try WD40'ing the bottom hinge but its not playing, maybe an injection of grease would sort it. I was going to sling it on ebay with a heap of other shite I'm collecting but you can have it for a couple of beer tokens if you like.
              I will take carrier it off your hands, give me a call on 07860 386970 and let me know what your tipple is ???

Comment

Originally posted by ian2144 View Post
                I will take carrier it off your hands, give me a call on 07860 386970 and let me know what your tipple is ???
                Or what beer you like ??

Comment

Originally posted by ian2144 View Post
                  Or what beer you like ??
                  will do man, having multipul crises at the mo, will be in touch!!

Comment

Working...
                  X