Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i be worried

ok Ive done a silly thing..........
    I put £8 worth of petrol in my diesel tank and was advised by the garage too put some diesel in with it and i should be alright i put in £35 its running nice and sweet infact looking in my wing mirror no black smoke when you floor it which is the only time i usually get a bit ,
    although when left too cool after starting before i give it any rev it ticks over a little rough a slight rev and ticks over nicely
    should i fill up with more diesel to dilute it further or panic..........

Originally posted by garry View Post
    ok Ive done a silly thing..........
    I put £8 worth of petrol in my diesel tank and was advised by the garage too put some diesel in with it and i should be alright i put in £35 its running nice and sweet infact looking in my wing mirror no black smoke when you floor it which is the only time i usually get a bit ,
    although when left too cool after starting before i give it any rev it ticks over a little rough a slight rev and ticks over nicely
    should i fill up with more diesel to dilute it further or panic..........

Yes. Too much petrol will wash the bores, which is not good.

Comment

Would have thought it would be fine, but its an ideal time to top up with veg oil, as petrol is a common 'thinner / booster' amongst people who run on veg oil.

Vince, 2 pop bottles worth of petrol in that much diesel should be OK shouldn't it? I'm assuming his tank wasn't dry to start with?
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

No worries

Keep topping up with diesel, I made the same mistake a few years ago, and nothing untoward occured. They are known to be rugged.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          Would have thought it would be fine, but its an ideal time to top up with veg oil, as petrol is a common 'thinner / booster' amongst people who run on veg oil.

Vince, 2 pop bottles worth of petrol in that much diesel should be OK shouldn't it? I'm assuming his tank wasn't dry to start with?

Should be OK, but these engines are high milage so the bores will be worn anyway.
          I would brim the tank with diesel to be honest.

Comment

cheers guy's I'll brim the tank in the morning
            and cross me fingers

Comment

Maybe you could add some veggie oil - should thicken the mixture up a wee bit...

Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                Maybe you could add some veggie oil - should thicken the mixture up a wee bit...

Just a thought.
                Same thought as Andy, in post #3.
                'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                  Same thought as Andy, in post #3.
                  Ah well. Just shows I should read replies a bit more closely!

Comment

Got to agree with those that say top up with "Veggie" n add some ATF aswell ..
                    n you'll be fine Garry
                    Good Luck

Jess

"Cos short cuts cost more in the long run"
                    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                    X