T-BELT light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-BELT light

The T-BELT light has come on at 100K. I had the belts changed at 93k so I assume its some primitive electronics which has kicked in. Before I pootle down to my local backstreet garage can someone tell me what to tell the grease monkey to do as I am sure the sharp sucking of teeth and 'Never worked on one of these before' will be a precursor to a £100 bill for a 10p job.

As a by the by I had to have the cam sensor on my Merc changed last month. Because the AA had done the diagnostics the monkey very kindly ONLY charged me the fitting. 10 minute job, £60 bill. Thievin' toerag.

Yours,
    Jaundiced of West Yorkshire.
    klicken bis das blut kommt

In the centre of the dash there is a small rubber bung, pull that out and push somthing thru to reset the light. Have a look at the thread suggestions below this post as well for more info.
    Mike G

Comment

Remove the rubber bung on the clear plastic cover on the instrument cluster and poke something through to press the re-set button. Toothpick works or long match stick.

Comment

Blimey, I've been outfingered!!

Now we've just saved you about 40 quid, you can by a blue star.

Comment

have you got oil on your fingers Vince causing them to slip of the keys....
          Did Jo and Craig enjoy the weekend away
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I assume being a 95 its a gen 2, if so there is a little rubber grommet in the dash over the speedo, remove that and insert something long n thin through the hole and push the reset button. Then go to PO and post a 60 quid cheque to me as I'm skint. H

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
              have you got oil on your fingers Vince causing them to slip of the keys....
              Did Jo and Craig enjoy the weekend away

Yeah, they came home early sunday morning and woke me up!

Comment

Originally posted by moonpig View Post
                The T-BELT light has come on at 100K. I had the belts changed at 93k so I assume its some primitive electronics which has kicked in. Before I pootle down to my local backstreet garage can someone tell me what to tell the grease monkey to do as I am sure the sharp sucking of teeth and 'Never worked on one of these before' will be a precursor to a £100 bill for a 10p job.

As a by the by I had to have the cam sensor on my Merc changed last month. Because the AA had done the diagnostics the monkey very kindly ONLY charged me the fitting. 10 minute job, £60 bill. Thievin' toerag.

Yours,
                Jaundiced of West Yorkshire.
                I'd have only charged you £50 mate.
                If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzo View Post
                  I assume being a 95 its a gen 2, if so there is a little rubber grommet in the dash over the speedo, remove that and insert something long n thin through the hole and push the reset button. Then go to PO and post a 60 quid cheque to me as I'm skint. H
                  You need to be quicker on the replies H cause this lot don't mess about..

Comment

You see,
                    wonderful things these Surfs

As a technologist I was expecting ECUs and techy mumbo-jumbo, £100 bill and a 2 day wait. Instead it's just a rubber bung and something long and thin.

The week just got better.
                    klicken bis das blut kommt

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                      You need to be quicker on the replies H cause this lot don't mess about..
                      N theres me thinking you lot were all at work when I found an unanswered post. H

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                        Blimey, I've been outfingered!!

Now we've just saved you about 40 quid, you can by a blue star.
                        Blimey 'Fast Fingers First' out-fingered ???? get a grip man !
                        Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzo View Post
                          N theres me thinking you lot were all at work when I found an unanswered post. H
                          i did my bit today by getting the last orders out for this week as i am away from Weds for an assessment for my LGV2 and ADR and then did a motorbike recovery and now i got to sort tea out for the mrs and boys

Comment

Originally posted by moonpig View Post
                            You see,
                            wonderful things these Surfs

As a technologist I was expecting ECUs and techy mumbo-jumbo, £100 bill and a 2 day wait. Instead it's just a rubber bung and something long and thin.

The week just got better.
                            What I love about them too, it's technology that actually makes perfect sense.
                            If they didn't have a function they would be art, never understood that either art has a function doesn't it?

Anyway I digress.

peace
                            cal
                            Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Calos View Post
                              What I love about them too, it's technology that actually makes perfect sense.
                              If they didn't have a function they would be art, never understood that either, art has a function doesn't it?

Anyway I digress.

peace
                              cal

Oh yeah!

Comment

Working...
                              X