• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you lot think of this so far

http://www.monstercreations.org.uk/
    monstercreations.org.uk

question

Is this going to be your company website, or just a hobby site?

if its the company site, get a professional web designer in to do it, the cost will get repaid very quickly.

Our www.thediceplace.com site was originally doen by me, and it was OK. we got it re-vamped for £400 and the orders tripled over night - and its actually not finished cos i'm lazy!

If its hobby, fair play, off you go and have fun!

(er, if you need a pro designer, I know 2 who work for me when I need them)
    If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Originally posted by legendgamesmaster View Post
      Is this going to be your company website, or just a hobby site?

if its the company site, get a professional web designer in to do it, the cost will get repaid very quickly.

Our www.thediceplace.com site was originally doen by me, and it was OK. we got it re-vamped for £400 and the orders tripled over night - and its actually not finished cos i'm lazy!

If its hobby, fair play, off you go and have fun!

(er, if you need a pro designer, I know 2 who work for me when I need them)
      Thanks for the advise. Its just a hobby at the moment, but who knows, would love it to develop and be able to do something truck/show related.
      Oh and I did not do the work the guy that drives Mad Bull did with a little instruction from the rest of us.
      Steve.
      monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

I am a fair web designer myself, but nowt as good as the pros.

so with that in mind....

For me, I would ditch the side adverts, top stuff etc - I would never go with a 'free hosting' site with these 'build your own' web interfaces, but I know a man who can do the design so I'm ok.
        go for a '960 grid' design (google it)
        start with a layout you want to have as a template
        keep lots of 'white space' i.e. not too cluttered
        brand it in line with the trucks - get a consistant look and feel
        choose standard fonts - boring but everyone has em!
        use CSS to make things easier in the long run
        make photos a good size, but keep them small in terms of file size
        if you design on a 30" SCREEN AT MEGA HIGH RESOLUTION, remember other users have smaller screens and might not see your page fully
        make the text readable
        be consistant across the site
        use text and css for links / buttons - Google can reference them better
        make sure you add meta descriptions, page titles, html <h1> tags and image alt tags.
        keep it simple

I am no expert, but that should help you.
        If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Thanks for that Andy I'll send that to Keith. He says he is going to change it completely tonight anyway, so the advise will help him. Cheers.
          monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

You have a Big Truck so use big Pictures ! accentuate the size as in the pics you posted at a recent Parade ! You have a niche market, with only a few willing to go in the same pond ! accentuate the paint jobs go for angular stuff , fill the screen ! sorry i didn't think of this ...but your site has just been given the once over by our Marketing cosultant team, they have just come back from MotoGP in Italy they do Monster drinks and Fiat stuff so I bow to their judgement !
            Bring Lucifer to life apparently ? hell who am i ? anyway you need a 'show tarriff/price list' you are bound to get customer enquiries fast ! It must reflect the time and money lavished on your trucks !!!

I can but dream !

cheers

John
            Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
              You have a Big Truck so use big Pictures ! accentuate the size as in the pics you posted at a recent Parade ! You have a niche market, with only a few willing to go in the same pond ! accentuate the paint jobs go for angular stuff , fill the screen ! sorry i didn't think of this ...but your site has just been given the once over by our Marketing cosultant team, they have just come back from MotoGP in Italy they do Monster drinks and Fiat stuff so I bow to their judgement !
              Bring Lucifer to life apparently ? hell who am i ? anyway you need a 'show tarriff/price list' you are bound to get customer enquiries fast ! It must reflect the time and money lavished on your trucks !!!

I can but dream !

cheers

John
              All taken in and passed on thanks for that
              monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Nice start, sent you a pm might be worth reading

peace
                cal
                Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X