Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The time has finally come

For the surf to go :-(

I will be putting ot on the for sale section with pics sometime over the weekend.

I need it moving fairly quickly, so if it don't sell quickly then I will need some transportation from the margate area to maidstone, as it has no MOT or TAX, and is currently sorn.

Tis a shame, but I hardly used it the last year or so, and I can't afford to run it as a "toy"
    Rob

Still working for the man!

i had to do this twice before
    dont sell if ya dont want to life changes
    save it till ya can aford it
    like i do

it did nearly 3 years last time
    its been sorn over 18 months now

never say never dude
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Yeah, I been thinking that, but it's at my mates house since I moved, and now he needs the space.
      If there is anyone on here that could transport it the 50 miles to my new house, and let me know the costs, maybe I could rethink, as it don't need much for the MOT (failed on 2 front ball joints and leaking fuel pump, and I have a spare fuel pump)
      It's been a great car, and never let me down, been across the Welsh mountains a few times with no problem.
      Rob

Comment

what a p155er Bob.I am going to Worcester tonight with the trailer empty but you the opposite side of the country unfortunately or i would of done it free of charge for you
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks for the thought Stormy, I did think of you RE the transport, or if you wanted the surf to break, although this would be a real shame, coz it's almost a classic now, and the running gear is good (new Stevo head and all)
          Rob

Comment

it will depend on how much you will want to sell the truck for really.I am collecting a truck this weekend and until i get some funds back on the other truck i got here things are a little tight at the moment

Comment

Not sure really, will have to take some advice on the price, although I know they ain't worth much even with MOT and stuff.
              It's just a shame to see it broken up, when there's a lot of life left in it, but I guess everything comes to and end.

I'll leave the post up for a while to see if there's anyone local that can transport it for me, and make a decision from there.
              Rob

Comment

if you can get some pics up of it Bob then if the price is right and it won't need a great deal to get it running with an mot then i may be interested.It does start and run ok i take it apart from the leaky pump.

Comment

Yes, starts and runs like a dream, is due for a service and a cam belt (3years old but only 6000 miles)

I'll post some pics over the weekend.
                  Rob

Comment

Rob,

Hows it?

Eclipse recovery at aylesham only charged me £100 to move my non running alfa from canterbury back to ashford, literally earlier today.

I also listed the job on a couple of websites - www.uship.com and www.shiply.com and got a bid of £45 on uship, from a new member with no feedback and no job history, but hey if they can do it for £45. Also got bids of £85 on both from companies with good feedback. Might be worth a shot. Basically the way it works is you list what you want moving, free for a basic ad, then suppliers browse the categories they cover and make bids on any jobs they want. Seems to be quite a popular way to advertise to get vehicles moved about.

Might not be as expensive as you'd think to get it moved mate.

Take care buddy
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

Working...
                    X