No announcement yet.

body lift kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for you John! Nice to see there are still some real men on here.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
      Oh and I bought a CHARCOAL fuelled BBQ
      Bugger that I'm sticking with gas with all the pills I'm on it comes free

Comment

lol

Comment

Well we went to this posh Garden Centre yesterday and bought this cast iron thing with a chimney and tile surround ! incinerated lots of good food and used a load of good charcoal ! raining like hell now and the steam looks more like fog ! last taxi just gone, sobered up now to clear the debris !
          Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Shower of poofs.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Thought he was the Magic Dragon

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
                Thought he was the Magic Dragon
                Totally different pronunciation up here in God's country
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                  not like some #### trying to make a quick buck from his shed.i wonder if the tax man knows what hes doing.

But this forum has had lots of people working out of their sheds - Apaches sticker business is well known, as is Vinces Panhard drop brackets and v8 swaps, Stormys breaker business etc etc.

I'm a supporter of cottage industries over the 'big boys' thank you very much.

I'd rather pay Apache £2 for a sticker than a high street print shop £6, and Vince for the lexus swap over giving LA Supertrux 3 or 4 times as much.

Also all this 2 hours to make 1 kit is rubbish. I work in manufacturing and know that once you've set up to make 1 thing it's just as easy to run another 100 or whatever. Economies of scale and all that.

EDIT: Apologies to Bushwhacker, Apache and Stormforce if they are fully registered 'legit' businesses..... I just assumed they're 'hobbies'
                  Last edited by wishbone; 7 June 2010, 00:40.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                    But this forum has had lots of people working out of their sheds - Apaches sticker business is well known, as is Vinces Panhard drop brackets and v8 swaps, Stormys breaker business etc etc.
                    YEA THATS HOW I GOT STARTED
                    SO AM I,IM ALL FOR THAT ,AS LONG AS THE PRODUCT IS GOOD AND YOUR NOT FOBBING PEOPLE OFF.I'd rather pay Apache £2 for a sticker than a high street print shop £6, and Vince for the lexus swap over giving LA Supertrux 3 or 4 times as much.
                    I AGREE.Also all this 2 hours to make 1 kit is rubbish. I work in manufacturing and know that once you've set up to make 1 thing it's just as easy to run another 100 or whatever. Economies of scale and all that.
                    I DISAGREE,WE ARE ONLY A SMALL BUSINESS AND WE DONT WANT 30 OR 40 BODY LIFT KITS HANGING AROUND ON SHELVES,SO ITS A CASE OF WE GET AN ORDER FOR A BODY LIFT, THEN ITS MANUFACTURED.OK
                    EDIT: Apologies to Bushwhacker, Apache and Stormforce if they are fully registered 'legit' businesses..... I just assumed they're 'hobbies'
                    SORRY I DIDNT MEAN TO OFFEND.
                    Last edited by surfenstein; 7 June 2010, 07:39.
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post

I'd rather pay Apache £2 for a sticker than a high street print shop £6, and Vince for the lexus swap over giving LA Supertrux 3 or 4 times as much.

Also all this 2 hours to make 1 kit is rubbish. I work in manufacturing and know that once you've set up to make 1 thing it's just as easy to run another 100 or whatever. Economies of scale and all that.

I love these threads like this.As long as it don't turn into a nasty thread then i'll keep laughing at the post.
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

i would also just like to add that i have put myself out quite a few times to help the guys out on this site.before the business got going.just in case you thought i was being an A hole. so i do have a lot of respect for the people on this site. ( well most of the time anyway).
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

i would also just like to add that i have put myself out quite a few times to help the guys out on this site.before the business got going.just in case you thought i was being an A hole. so i do have a lot of respect for the people on this site. ( well most of the time anyway).
                          and you will still put yourself out to help people on this site.Even though people wanted parts like the lc spring seats and never bothered to buy them once made.Your just the sort of guy that will help anyone anytime Mark as i well know from the help you and TLB did on my truck
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I beg to differ re the time to make a bodylift kit.

I wouldn't mind betting that the guy whos selling on eBay is 'small volume, made in the shed' type chap. On the kind of equipment he's got, you cant 'set up' for that job. Its probably a manual job with no powered feeds, no CNC etc, so I bet each kit does take at least 2 hours to make.

If he outsourced, and bought ready machined blocks in, and just put components in a box, it would cost more as he'd be pasying for the manufacturers cut. Honestly, £45 isn't very much more than materials cost.

As for the stickers, I make 'beer money' amounts because its not worth me buying vinyl in bulk. I started doing it cos 3 years ago lots of people wanted 'handle' stickers for their trucks and it was actually costing me to get the designs I was producing cut at my local sign business, so I bought a machine. Now I do just do it for the fun of it - though trade is slow these days.
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

And don't forget mark,Jesus loves you as well.

It's everyone else thinks your a c%*t.
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

right thats it gra.your off my xmas card list. and to be honest i really dont care if people THINK im a c#@t........i know i am.lol
                                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X