Roughtrax extended break lines and Rad update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roughtrax extended break lines and Rad update

I bought some of the LK003 extended break lines for when I lift my surf. Can someone just confirm you only get three in the box? And the length is about 40 or 50mm long, all three the same length?

I managed to swap the radiator over tonight, took about 2 hours, but should really replace the bottom hose so will order one and fit it friday night, then fill the system back up. Lost enough gear oil though! Floor was a mess.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Why would there be more than 3? The part number and lengths sound about right.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Three is all you'll need, one for each front wheel and one for the LSPV.

Comment

Thanks! To be honest, I wasnt sure if they connected to the rear wheels or whatever. Now I know though!
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
          I bought some of the LK003 extended break lines for when I lift my surf. Can someone just confirm you only get three in the box? And the length is about 40 or 50mm long, all three the same length?

I managed to swap the radiator over tonight, took about 2 hours, but should really replace the bottom hose so will order one and fit it Friday night, then fill the system back up. Lost enough gear oil though! Floor was a mess.
          remember you will have file the u clips as the new break hose is a wee bit thicker where the u clip go's they are only 70p each from milner off road have a look at your old one's before you start and give the nipples a good once over a day ore so before you do the job may save you time if the old ones are a wee bit past it
          S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

It's a good plant to put 2 10mm bolts into the ATF cooler hoses to prevent oil loss when disconnecting the hoses from rad, just put bolts in hose ends and pop the hoseclips back over to secure.
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

^what he said - I use drill bits to plug mine.....

Brake pipes all about the same length - 20.5" ?

Comment

Originally posted by jeff.fn02jwa View Post
                remember you will have file the u clips as the new break hose is a wee bit thicker where the u clip go's they are only 70p each from milner off road have a look at your old one's before you start and give the nipples a good once over a day ore so before you do the job may save you time if the old ones are a wee bit past it
                Didn't need to do that on mine, old off and new on in about 15 mins (i did have the system fully drained to change the fluid tho')

Alan
                www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the comments! I didn't see the replies to this thread before I went ahead last night. For the oil pipes I bent them 180 degrees and cable tied them to stop leaking excessive oil. I still lost a fair amount on the floor though.
                  I need to buy a pair of grips to remove the factory jubilee clips from the hose. I managed to get the one off on the bottom of the rad, the hose is quite soft so I'm ordering one today - hope it's hear tomorrow so I can finish it Friday and drive it Saturday.

Probably the longest amount of time anyone has spent replacing a rad though!
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                  X