Where to get touch up paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get touch up paint?

Hi, does anyone know how i go about finding the correct paint (preferably spray paint) for my dark blue 2nd Gen? Got a few bits that need touching up.

Cheers.

Take the paint code (on the VIN Plate) to Toyota, Halfords or your local Motor Factor, they'll sort you out.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

miliners want £16.00 for a 300ml can of spary paint a bit steep i was ont the phone to them to day for steering lock stop covers and break pipe u clips thank i was not near my surf to get the paint code
      S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

take the diesel cap off and get your paint matched to tat wit a paint scanner as over the yrs the paint will get duller etc etc meaning if u match off the vin plate the paint could be slightly shinner and not blend in as well

Comment

Originally posted by Don Logan View Post
          Hi, does anyone know how i go about finding the correct paint (preferably spray paint) for my dark blue 2nd Gen? Got a few bits that need touching up.

Cheers.
          I found that Halfords paint didn't quite match my Blue Surf.
          I tried a company called 'PAINTS4U' & the match was spot on!
          £11.49 a 400ml spray can + £3.49 p&p. Good quick service.

Spray pattern is different to Halfords cans as well so watch for this!
          REMEMBER! You'll also need to spray on clear lacquer to get the colour to match properly as well as using the correct undercoat!
          Don't say I didn't tell you!!!!!
          Colour code for Dark Blue Surf is... 8E3
          Paints4U link ...

http://www.paints4u.com/default.aspx

Comment

I asked my local yota dealer for a price on rattle cans for mine (with the paint code) and after 10 minutes on the computer he said " that one's not available in this country!"

alan
            www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X