ICE top tip.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICE top tip.

When purchasing a shiny new double din Clarion Bluetooth/ippod box of tricks for a very good price, do check that the Bluetooth business does not require an extra box of tricks that costs exactly the same as the base unit. Bugger.

Still, it sounds lovely, and doesn't go scanning for the next station like the old stereo did.. Oh and the volume control seems to work all the time, instead of just when it feels like it.. It's all progress.
    it's in me shed, mate.

I got a near new Clarion double din here that was fitted in the celica but i took it out before we sold the car.It is a very good stereo and cost £200.I will be fitting it in the surf soon to get rid of the single din thats there and 2 pockets been fitted which looks awful
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Next time the archers AND the shipping forecast are over, instead of tuning in for some in depth analysis of the topics that are concerning us today...

Push sum bangin choon bredwin...with your new stereophonic receiving equipment.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
        Next time the archers AND the shipping forecast are over, instead of tuning in for some in depth analysis of the topics that are concerning us today...

Push sum bangin choon bredwin...with your new stereophonic receiving equipment.
        I'll have you know it's already got my War of the Worlds CD in it so Ner!
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

been there done that, when i had my 3 gen i bought a jvc radio/cd/dvd player @ £450 and assumed it was complete with bluetooth etc.

treated my 2 gen to a £69 sony xplod, works great till i put a cd in it then it only plays thru the front speakers. stirped dash took it to halfords, guy tests it and it worked fine, went home refitted it and it all worked ok, for a whole week. im not stipping the dash again
          Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by mud skipper View Post
            been there done that, when i had my 3 gen i bought a jvc radio/cd/dvd player @ £450 and assumed it was complete with bluetooth etc.

treated my 2 gen to a £69 sony xplod, works great till i put a cd in it then it only plays thru the front speakers. stirped dash took it to halfords, guy tests it and it worked fine, went home refitted it and it all worked ok, for a whole week. im not stipping the dash again
            This evening, having fixed the speedo, I fitted the new stereo. Turned the ignition on, to see if it would work or burst into flames, and I noticed the cover had fallen off one of the sets of warning lights in the clocks.. so that's come apart twice today, once on Sunday, and once on Saturday. As you say, never again. Well not till the Bluetooth jobby arrives...
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

not the easiest of dashs to pull apart. the disco i had just fell apart on its own

im trying to think what part of the disco didn't break,rot or wear out and the only thing i can think of was.........give up, cannt think of one thing

Comment

I'll have a lookie see next time John

check new posts btw, have just been up the orme in the mist hehehehehehe ( didn't take camera though

FLEXING

cal
                Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

i have a sony explod and does the same thing, plays through all the speakers on radio, stick in cd or AUX, then you lose rear speakers

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
                    i have a sony explod and does the same thing, plays through all the speakers on radio, stick in cd or AUX, then you lose rear speakers
                    nice to know im not alone. guess the sony's don't like the amp'd rear speakers

Comment

Originally posted by Calos View Post
                      I'll have a lookie see next time John

check new posts btw, have just been up the orme in the mist hehehehehehe ( didn't take camera though

FLEXING

cal
                      how dare you go up the Orme with out the camera lol

Comment

nice to know im not alone. guess the sony's don't like the amp'd rear speakers

It's cos it's wired in wrong (well the surf side is anyhow) the sony switches off the power aerial when the cd is on (unless you have TA switched on). The power aerial lead on the surf is also the rear amp lead. You need to use the 'amp' wire from the sony, not the aerial wire.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                          It's cos it's wired in wrong (well the surf side is anyhow) the sony switches off the power aerial when the cd is on (unless you have TA switched on). The power aerial lead on the surf is also the rear amp lead. You need to use the 'amp' wire from the sony, not the aerial wire.
                          thats why my lecy aerial don't work then

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
                            Make sure you have the TA button pressed on and all should work correctly.

Comment

Growler, thats why i love this forum, cheers mate just been to the truck and pressed the AF/TA button and hey presto it works, apart from i removed my lecy aerial when i fitted my snorkel

well happy now

Comment

Working...
                              X