No announcement yet.

maybe not such a good buy after all!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maybe not such a good buy after all!!!!

hey guys sorry to keep spamming the boards here being as tho im a newbie i am chatting a fair bit.

well i been out having a bit of a look around the surf and have fixed a few niggles already.

greased my lock stops as per forum (problem sorted)

put some new headlamp bulbs in as one was blue and one was not :-/ and that was not an easy job i feel i wasnt doing it the right way. took grill off and then lamp out but bit of pain with bull bar on!!!

exhaust is on way too and rocker gasket.

also seems i have the old rattle with window down scenario which seems to be a common problem again noted from forum the brass bushes so got to order them at some point too.

thing is the more i look the more concerned i am ... i was changing those bulbs with the engine idling and when i had done it plenty of blue smoke was comeing out when i drove off. (i know some diesels do this after idling for a while is this normal do you think?

also i found some bulbs in the glove box look like there from the dash somewhere so im now concerned this guy has removed fault bulbs or something b4 selling it to me. any ideas where i can find a link to a picture of what lamps i should have lit up on normal run mode on the speedo. any help would be appreciated.

sorry about the essay guys but i dont like untrustworthy wretches lying to me .

oh also on a lighter note do the surfs have a low fuel light?? thanks guys and sorry to moan.

can you put some more info on your profile, stateing what vehicle you drive.
    then im sure we can help
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by lloydy7 View Post
      do the surfs have a low fuel light??
      Yes.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

thankyou lets hope thats not one of the bulbs removed lol

Comment

thankyou lets hope thats not one of the bulbs removed lol
          I wouldn't trust it though, my old 2.4's gauge was a pathological liar.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

put some new headlamp bulbs in as one was blue and one was not :-/ and that was not an easy job i feel i wasnt doing it the right way. took grill off and then lamp out but bit of pain with bull bar on!!!

Remove the batteries and plastic tanks to get at the lamps.

thing is the more i look the more concerned i am ... i was changing those bulbs with the engine idling and when i had done it plenty of blue smoke was comeing out when i drove off. (i know some diesels do this after idling for a while is this normal do you think?

Remove the ducting from the air filter to the turbo and give them a wipe out. Oil vapour condences in there from the valve cover breather and then gets sucked into the turbo causing the smoke.

also i found some bulbs in the glove box look like there from the dash somewhere so im now concerned this guy has removed fault bulbs or something b4 selling it to me. any ideas where i can find a link to a picture of what lamps i should have lit up on normal run mode on the speedo. any help would be appreciated.

If the bulbs have little black holders, they'll be warning lights. The larger type with green holders are for illumination, turn signals and low fuel light.

oh also on a lighter note do the surfs have a low fuel light?? thanks guys and sorry to moan.
            What Albannach said!

Comment

Got to learn how to type faster .............

Hi,
              Thought when you turned the key to the first click then all the lights came on ...turbo...check light, seatbelt, 4wd when you push the button in cant remember the other ones but think they are in the users book, follow the link if you dont already have it http://daemon4x4.org/portal/downloads.php?dcid=16 and Popeye and Helmett both have good write ups (Popeye had the pic you were after but the photo bucket account is gone now) but both may still be helpful to you
              http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=41197 and http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=21521
              Hope this helps

Rob
              The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                Yes.
                But they don't always come on before you run out of fuel......or is that just mine
                My other cars a QUAD
                (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

some sod has removed a few of my bulbs to, €48 for the 24 holders and then nearly a euro per bulb from toyota here,

also had the same problem when i first bought my surf, of finding more and more needing repair, my only advice is stick with it,

because as i was told by some of the guys when your finished all the work you'll know you have a good soild truck that'll stand to you....

on a lighter note my diesel light scares me, its all fine and dandy but as soon as light comes on its diesel time, been caught out 1 time to many at this stage.....

Comment

ok guys thanks for all the replys its no so bad just niggly problems i need to get solved. put new back box on today so thats a result ,can go off road without it falling off hopefully. ill be ok with the surf i do love it already and i have only had it 1 week. got too sell my other truck now tho to have a bit of extra cash if stuff does go wrong. anyone want to buy a y reg suzuki jimney let me know lol its a wicked little truck.

got rocker cover to do next and fix turbo hose then im good i reckon. thanks again for the posts all :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X