BP accident in the Gulf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BP accident in the Gulf

Apparently they were trying to save a few quid using cheaper components and procedures..

I understand trying to control costs but ....

read about the possible fine $ 47 billion.... ouch

here
    Last edited by Vultch; 28 May 2010, 21:19.

Back in the day Baby

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
    Apparently they were trying to save a few quid using cheaper components and procedures..

I understand trying to control costs but ....

here

And so it begins...
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

You know more then

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch View Post
        You know more then
        Yeah, I know lots more.

Anyway, I was referring to the 'Blame Tennis' that will go on for a while.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Why don't we nuke America?
          Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by Thrifty
            on the news i saw a diagram of the "leak" it was above the BOP blow out preventer What hapened to this then? did it fail couldnt they operate it. And WHERE is RED A DARE . is he dead?

why didnt they just whack a huge diameter pipe over the whole thing and suck off the oil with lots of pumps? or put a big pipe clamp on? or put loads of pumps to suck harder than the pressure on the discharge...maybe im just a numpty
            Jeeze have you called BP! how have they missed a talent such as yours.
            Brian

Comment

Looks like America may finally be scrapping the gas guzzlers.

Mr Obama said that if it were successful, BP’s plan to cap the well should greatly reduce or eliminate the flow of crude. “We will not rest until this well is shut, the environment is repaired and the clean-up is complete,” he said. He added that the country could not “sustain this kind of fossil fuel use”.
              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by Thrifty
                on the news i saw a diagram of the "leak" it was above the BOP blow out preventer What hapened to this then? did it fail couldnt they operate it. And WHERE is RED A DARE . is he dead?

why didnt they just whack a huge diameter pipe over the whole thing and suck off the oil with lots of pumps? or put a big pipe clamp on? or put loads of pumps to suck harder than the pressure on the discharge...maybe im just a numpty
                the BOP did fail and the string fell from the topside onto the sea bed, puncturing in several places. I think the big funnel they tried to use hydrated up as well. "best economic case" always looks good in the board room with a bunch of highly optimistic figures and tight budgets!!

Comment

29th May 2010 00:42
                  slobodan Why don't we nuke America?
                  You can nuke them as long as it wont affect us north of the border at all. This is pretty bad for Canada as well because that Gulf stream flows right up to our east coast. It better not fill our chunks of the ocean with a bunch of oil. I live at the top of the Great Lakes but I'm sure some way or another this will affect me here.

Comment

Working...
                  X