I think it's buggered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post

What a pig getting to all the fixings for the hard pipes.
    And the EGR got an airsaw put through it, blanking plates being fitted instead.
    Following Tony's advice apart from the inj pipes I removed mine with manifolds/egr on the head and still had to grind off 2 exhaust manifold nuts and the two which hold the egr pipe to the exhaust end, nothing I tried would budge these, gas torch, pro sockets etc, youd think they'd been welded.

I'll be blanking them too before reassembly. Hazzo

PS. Cracks are in exactly the same places between the valves on mine.
    Last edited by Hazzo; 28 May 2010, 09:02.

Comment

if your taking the head off with the engine still in the car, do you have to put the new head fairly quickly or is the engine block ok to leave headless?
      My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

Originally posted by che2318 View Post
        if your taking the head off with the engine still in the car, do you have to put the new head fairly quickly or is the engine block ok to leave headless?
        I wouldn't be keen on leaving it too long, you dont want pitting on the block face or any other damage to occur.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by Hazzo View Post
          Following Tony's advice apart from the inj pipes I removed mine with manifolds/egr on the head and still had to grind off 2 exhaust manifold nuts and the two which hold the egr pipe to the exhaust end, nothing I tried would budge these, gas torch, pro sockets etc, youd think they'd been welded.

I'll be blanking them too before reassembly. Hazzo

PS. Cracks are in exactly the same places between the valves on mine.
          Aye, plan to rebuild as much as I can before dropping it back on. It will be on the bench tonight. Not my ideal friday but I might finish early (about 10) and have a few beers.
          Alan

Comment

Originally posted by che2318 View Post
            Spray the bores etc. with wd40 to protect them.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              Spray the bores etc. with wd40 to protect them.
              Will wd40 get my stereo and cb working??
              Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                Will wd40 get my stereo and cb working??
                Aye, probably. So long as they're not on fire...
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Whit a greetin laddie he is, I identify his shudder problem, take up his driveway and whole garage with my rebuild and all he can do is moan about trivial stuff like his truck not working.

Jeeeeeez.
                  Alan

Comment

That has yet to be seen, I can't get near my truck for all your scrap laying around. It better be running by the time I get home today.

I can do the fit new shiny bits, it's the bits with wires attached I hate.
                    Brian

Comment

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Good lad, truck finished and out my way
                        Brian

Comment

Working...
                        X