Hi and Engine a bit noisy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi and Engine a bit noisy

Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum, just a quick question. my engine seems a bit noisier on startup when using veg oil. reason to worry?

Mine actually seemed to run smoother with 60/40 derv/veg but was a pig to start as there were no mods to the fuel system or thinning of the veg so I gave up on the idea. H

Comment

welcome dude
      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Ello and welcome

peace
        cal
        Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

It might be a bit noisier on start up as some do and some don't.It normally quieten down after a few seconds or so.
          Last edited by stormforce; 28 May 2010, 11:18.
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Could be a number of things. Poor spray pattern from injectors cos veg is thicker than dino, therfore harder to 'ignite' until the engine is warm. Glow plugs not so fresh as they were etc

Veg has a lower cetane rating / lower specific impulse than diesel, so its slightly harder to ignite. Wouldn't worry about it as long as it quietens as the engine warms up.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Hi and welcome to the mad house!

In the morning, or when engine is cold, i cycle my glow plugs 2 or 3 times to help it starting. And it usually runs a bit lumpy for about 20 seconds, once im on the move or have reved it up a few times it runs normal. When its warmed up a bit, it starts fine everytime.

Im using a mixture of 55% bio to 45% veg, with a splash of white spirit, unleaded peterol, auto trans fluid and 2 stroke oil.

I would recomend adding the above to help thin out the veg, the auto trans fluid acts as a cleaner, and the 2 stroke helps it burn a little bit better, and adds tp lubrication properties of the veg.
              Keep On Truckin!

Comment

hello and welcome.

you havent got a load of battered cod swimming in your tank have you?....
                My Surf eats knuckles for breakfast!

Comment

Working...
                X