Might have found a local place to "play"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might have found a local place to "play"

I'm going to go & check it out tomorrow but it looks like a couple of unclassified public roads (that even have street names on Google maps!) that have well trodden 4x4 tracks between them through the surrounding woods...

I will report back once I've been up there and checked it out.
    Last edited by Rustinho; 26 May 2010, 20:21. Reason: Correcting poor choice of words (!)

There is no where to play for 'free' unless you have the landowners permission, you need to stay on the byways.

Be careful, and make sure its legal, check GLASS's or local councils website for access info or problems with the area.

Any off-piste greenlaning will be very frowned on here.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
      There is no where to play for 'free' unless you have the landowners permission, you need to stay on the byways.

Be careful, and make sure its legal, check GLASS's or local councils website for access info or problems with the area.

Any off-piste greenlaning will be very frowned on here.

Absolutely. To be fair, it looks pretty horrific in places with fly tipping so aside from permission from the land owners I'd be worried about what the hell you might be driving over!

I will certainly do a reccy on foot to see what it's like and see if I can find any signs regarding ownership of the land, etc.

Comment

Can't believe I only just noticed my poor choice of words for the original title of the thread. I originally said "for free" when I actually meant "free" as in available for use. Oops. My bad!

The tracks up there look pretty fresh and fairly regularly used and I know there is a 4x4 off-road training place based somewhere around there.

Like I said before, I'll reccy the place on foot to see if there is any info and take it from there...

I'll report back (I know there are one or two folks in Staffs/Cheshire area that may be interested if I turn up anything positive) in a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
          Absolutely. To be fair, it looks pretty horrific in places with fly tipping so aside from permission from the land owners I'd be worried about what the hell you might be driving over!

I will certainly do a reccy on foot to see what it's like and see if I can find any signs regarding ownership of the land, etc.
          its fly tipping that gets bad first then in a few years its shut

permission? long a go i got permission to go on a quarry then get told off by the real owner so watch out dude
          some owners are not too bothered nmb and waddingtons dont seem to mind
          nmb (coal sites) and waddingtons (mostly water ways) non of them answed when asked about permission anyhow
          bit wrong of me i know
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

If you let me have the grid references for the start of the lane I will look it up on Trailwise to see if there is any information about this lane

Comment

Working...
            X