Spare wheels and tyres.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare wheels and tyres.

Does anybody in the Chester area have 4 spare wheels with tyres i could borrow for a day or two?
    After my fun and games trying to MOT the truck last week, i have since been back onto my normal garage, who have said, if i fit normal wheels and tyres, they should be able to do the MOT with no problems. They tried to MOT it last week but the 35"s fitted were too big for the rolling road. They recommended another garage who just seemed to find reasons why they wouldn't test it, and seemed dis-interested in the work.
    So has anyone got a spare set of tyres i could borrow for two days, say in the middle of next week after the Bank Holiday monday? I obviously will collect and dare say i could throw a few beers in as well for the favour.....

Thanks
    Mark

If you don't get any other responses you could borrow the wheels off my Surf possibly (assuming they fit, etc).

I've got a 2nd gen 2.4TD with 15" alloys (Wolfrace Canyons I believe) but it's my main family transport so I'd prefer it if you could get the MOT done as quick as possible.

Other problem - I don't particularly drink so beer won't be required!

I'm based in Newcastle-under-Lyme. Works out about 35 miles from Chester.

If you don't get a better offer I'll be happy to help.

EDIT: Oh yeah - axle stands & jack would have to be provided cos I don't have access to either.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
      If you don't get any other responses you could borrow the wheels off my Surf possibly (assuming they fit, etc).

I've got a 2nd gen 2.4TD with 15" alloys (Wolfrace Canyons I believe) but it's my main family transport so I'd prefer it if you could get the MOT done as quick as possible.

Other problem - I don't particularly drink so beer won't be required!

I'm based in Newcastle-under-Lyme. Works out about 35 miles from Chester.

If you don't get a better offer I'll be happy to help.

EDIT: Oh yeah - axle stands & jack would have to be provided cos I don't have access to either.
      Thanks for the offer. I'll keep it in mind.
      I should add that it is a Gen 3 i have.

Comment

Originally posted by monsterz4 View Post
        Thanks for the offer. I'll keep it in mind.
        I should add that it is a Gen 3 i have.
        I know - I remember the photos you posted relating to this problem the other day. Not sure if the wheel studs fit - I think they're the same but I'm sure someone will pipe up and say definitively at some point (TonyN? Stormforce? Bushwacker? Legendgamesmaster? Someone else with 2nd/3rd gen experience?)

I could maybe drive to Chester (would probably work out cheaper in fuel rather than you making 2 return trips to my gaff) but thats something we can work out if necessary.

Comment

The 2nd gen wheels won't fit the 3rd gens Rusty as the 2nd gen is 15" and 3rd gen 16" rims due to the hubs and disc size difference
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

i have 4 road tyers all legal size 15 tho
            but how ya going to get em is the problem
            ya can have all 4 of em for nowt if ya can pick em up mate
            iam only in a kia rio
            mi surfs sorn

no rimms tho
            am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
              The 2nd gen wheels won't fit the 3rd gens Rusty as the 2nd gen is 15" and 3rd gen 16" rims due to the hubs and disc size difference
              Well thats cleared the matter up then. Gen 3 spare wheels needed then! That'll make it a bit trickier!

Comment

Fair do's.

In that case - sorry I can't be of any help!

monsterz4 - fill in your profile details so that everyone knows exactly which truck you're after wheels for.

Comment

i have a set of standard wheels for a 3rd gen that i would sell but i need some other wheels to go back on the truck as i am planning on selling it.These 3rd gen wheels are on a 2nd gen at the moment

Comment

btw monsterz4, if you need someone to drive your truck around (keep it used before you sell it, etc) I'l gladly oblige! lol

Comment

We regularly have 45's on our rollers. tell 'em to stop being big girls blouses and get on it it!

(Or take it to an MOT centre that deal with commercials)
                      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

my tester doesnt even use the rolers - takes it in the yard with the meter thing on the floor!!
                        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                        Tony

Comment

The last 3rd gen that was sold on here for spares went for £700.
                          It will depend on how much you want to sell it for with no mot etc on it
                          If you got a price in mind then send me a pm

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                            The last 3rd gen that was sold on here for spares went for £700.
                            It will depend on how much you want to sell it for with no mot etc on it
                            If you got a price in mind then send me a pm
                            Fight you for it Rich at that sort of price

Comment

£701
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X