Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED Large hole for sunroof!!!

Thanks Richard
    Picked the parts up from your cousins place in Bourdeux today,but could you please send me on the larger hole to match the new sunroof as my truck is currently using the small size

Regards

Mark

your joking,i don't believe that yours is a different size.All the surfs i've had the sunroofs have all been the same
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Rich
      I can hardly believe it myself but its true,but don't forget mines the poor relation 4Runners o they must get mingy sunroofs!!!

When I get time I'll strip out the head lining,but from what i Can see the support rails are in there for it,just needs a bitof jig saw work.
      I may need you to take some photos for me of a breaker if you can and send on some more bits like the plastic finisher underneath and the seal around the cut edge if thats how it works

Comment

the only part i forgot to put in was the trim for the inside holes for the headlining.The sunroof bolts longways and not crossways so it should still be ok.Theres no rubber trim on the outside hole tho
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I got a large hole but it'll cost ya
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post

You could earn a fortune in Brighton Ian!

Comment

OK Rich
              I need a couple of other bits anyway!!
              So what does the glass "seal" up to? Anything or nothing?

The front grill is great,but I want the pieces over the indicators as well.Mines either worn really bad or some plonker has painted it in the past,and after my recent brake overhaul i want to bleed the system out properly,but the compensation valve is rusty as f*** and I know if I try to open the bleed nipple it will bust off!!
              So: Compensation valve,indicator bright work,and did you give Sue the caliper bolt Rich?

Cheers

Comment

Thanks But I only want the inside bit not the surround

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  You could earn a fortune in Brighton Ian!
                  Tried it vince, lost money, the bottom fell out the market

Comment

Tried it vince, lost money, the bottom fell out the market
                    I'd have thought the Market would have fallen out of the bottom.
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I think you boys are making light of my small hole,you boys with your LARGE ones could really upset me!!!!

Comment

You've definatly got an aftermarket sunroof, I've owed 2 4Runners, both had same sunroofs as a Surf.

There isn't any 'seal', the sunroof glass itself fits snug in the hole in the roof, which has the metal formed to shape, and the headlining of the truck is finished with just a small u shaped trim and dosn't have a rubber seal.
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks Tony
                          Yeh that makes sense.Mine must have been a very good quality after market.
                          It was electric operation,and i never considered it was an aftermarket roof.
                          the plastic trim inside matches perfectly.
                          Looks like some major surgery is required if I want this to work,but as the runner is basically identical to the surf I can't see it being impossible?

Regards

Mark

Comment

LOL, I can sell you a whole roof cut off at the pillars with the sunroof hole in it, but shipping might be a problem.......

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                              LOL, I can sell you a whole roof cut off at the pillars with the sunroof hole in it, but shipping might be a problem.......

He might as well make a convertable out of it then, sunroof prob solved

Comment

Working...
                              X