What a day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a day!

Land rovers, jeez!!! helped my son and his mate work on their trucks all day today, jobs should have been easy but,,,,, my sons was a straight rad swop out for a new one, seems every soddin nut and bolt and hose clamp was siezed, lower oil cooler union to the rad was corroded solid, had to remove the rad with the hose attached and then go to Alton for a new one,
    next was a fuel tank swop out on his mates, again all nuts, bolts and screws were solid, drilled, chizeled and beat the f##k out of it, i had to go fro a pint so left em to it, they finally installed the new one and finished by 7pm,
    land rover never heard of rust protection
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
    Land rovers, jeez!!! helped my son and his mate work on their trucks all day today, jobs should have been easy but,,,,, my sons was a straight rad swop out for a new one, seems every soddin nut and bolt and hose clamp was siezed, lower oil cooler union to the rad was corroded solid, had to remove the rad with the hose attached and then go to Alton for a new one,
    next was a fuel tank swop out on his mates, again all nuts, bolts and screws were solid, drilled, chizeled and beat the f##k out of it, i had to go fro a pint so left em to it, they finally installed the new one and finished by 7pm,
    land rover never heard of rust protection

If iron oxide had a symbol it would be the green oval, sorry but it's true

peace
    cal
    Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Lawnrovers are biodegradable and guaranteed to disolve before your very eyes.

I've owned several in the past, but I kept taking the tablets and eventually saw the light a couple of years ago. Although I can't say everything has been great with the Surf since buying it, at least its not disappearing quite as fast as a green oval would.

Alan
      If at first you don't succeed,
      Destroy all evidence that you even tried.

Comment

I could not keep up with the anti rust treatments on mine, the stuff you paint on to inhibit rust... I was buying gallons...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Guys
          To be fair I think the fact most (if not all) of your cars are Jap imports the fairer climate in japan helps to preserve them.
          Mines a 4runner and the back underneath is rusty as f***.I had terrible trouble stripping my calipers down.The British climate is a hostile enviornment.
          Where I live now Renault 4's & 5's and 2cv's,are in daily use,mainly by the older folk,and are in immaculate condition.
          My 1995 Range rover is is far better condition than the 4runner,the Hi-ace I owner some years ago was a rust bucket,but I loved it,this toyota is rusting on the door bottoms,top of the rear hatch,all common spots I think.
          The green Oval has no rust,but then most of the body is made of aluminium.
          I'll run for cover now and await my hail of abuse

Regards

Mark
          Attached Files

Comment

A relative has a freelander (a 57 plate). And because

"Clarkson says it's the best" he bought it...
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Freelander??
              Hmm Don't like it! Poor off roader,poor ride!
              I thought Clarkson loved the RR Did you see the jungle challenge??

Comment

All parts should be in France for you now Mark.I am still trying to find those lights i saw before aswell.What colour truck have you got
                end of hijack
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Rich
                  We're leaving in about 10 mins thanx,Galaxy, family and picnic!!
                  Truck is silver! Why??

Mark

Comment

it was if i got anything in then we can arrange with John and Sue to get it over for you if theyw ere happy to do it
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

cool!!

Comment

I to think it's the climate here or at least the millions of tons of salt we pour on our roads every year that rust everything, i've owned loads of cars/vans that have rusted before my eyes, worst of which was Vauxhalls, early Cresta's, Victors had a real bad rep for rotting out quick, maybe we should be looking at what the Japs use on their roads, they get snow too dont they?
                        anyway they love their landys, bless em
                        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

In NZ we use road sweepers for the most part and a substance called calcium magnesium acetate(CMA) on stubborn spots its like 10 times the cost of salt, works down to -27.5C, is as corrosive as water and completely harmless to the environment.
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcium_magnesium_acetate
                          Its also common to carry tyre chains in winter.

Ollie
                          If in doubt, get a bigger hammer.

Comment

Landrovers would still find a way to rust...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Working...
                            X