Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please!!

Hi folks

Well, its been at least two weeks since my surf broke down so its about time it did i suppose

I was merrily driving through tesco car park this morning looking forward to some quality time in the supermarket, when lo and behold, the steering became extremely heavy!
    Hmmmm, me thinks, have i turned on the 4WD by mistake - no even i coudnt manage that, so I stop and look under the bonnet.
    Well, the belt had come off the steering pump and the pulley was at a very starnge angle. Oh dear, i think, not too worry I should be able to get it back on but of course i didnt have any tools with me and I coudnt do it on my own.
    So quick phone to AA and when he arrived he tutted, shook his head and said, "you've lost your nut and woodruff key so you aint getting it running properly without them".
    Various expletitives and a very difficult drive later, i am back at home trying to source the parts but not having much luck.

Is there anybody out there in Surf land who could advise me where I could get hold of said parts?

Pretty please!

Thanks for looking

Bruce
    [b]Ask a stupid question, someone else is thinking

The nut is probably just an M12 fine and the woodruff key wont be very special either but the best place to buy them is from a Toyota dealer. They're probably stock items and they can't possibly charge you more than £5 for the 2 items

Comment

That sounds great - problem is i have been on the phone to the local dealer and thay need the model number and frame no. I have searched the forum buy there is no plate on the firewall, just a slightly cleaner spot where it was supposed to be. I cant see to find the numbers required anywgere alse.

On the import documents it shows the model as Q-LN130W and the chassis no: as [43] - 4273. I have given these numbers to the dealer but they said they were incorrect.

Any ideas?

Also i cant seem to find the correct number on the chassis behind the drivers wheel

Comment

thinking about it, could i "borrow" the details of someone elses surf, pretty please?

Mine is a SSR-X 1992 "J" 2.4 td

Comment

Model: QLN130G-GKMGX
          Frame Number: LN130-0009940
          Nut: 90170-12011
          Spacer 90170-12022
          Key: 44311A

The Frame number is for a 1989 model but the part numbers are the same anyway.
          Last edited by Elvz; 19 June 2004, 16:02.

Comment

Cheers mate you are a star!!

Comment

Working...
            X