today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• today!

I fitted got some new Iridium spark plugs and new Fancy blue HT leads in an effort to solve a missfire prob! no luck with the missfire but at least they look nice!!

here is a vid of her running not very good quality as it was on my phone but you get the idea
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqyzaFiFgkE
    Attached Files

Smart!
    Are they 8mm leads?

The mis-fire has got to be the O2 sensors then. Have you found a supplier for them yet?
    If not, I'll see if I can. They don't have to be Lexus specific as they're not the four wire type.

Comment

yeah 8mm Magnecore or something like that! they dont fit in the standard holders but the come supplied with new ones so will have to have a play arround and see if i can get them all fitted under the covers!

Comment

yeah vince if you could find one that would be good as im not sure what one`s i need!! cheers

Comment

These Photo's are a testament to your work Vince.
          You do a great job!!!
          Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

No-one in the GT4OC will touch iridium plugs due to them appearing to CAUSE misfire. No idea if it's purely not suited to the3SGTE engine, or if they are generally shoite though.

NGK platinum's are the preferred (and cheaper!) option.
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
              No-one in the GT4OC will touch iridium plugs due to them appearing to CAUSE misfire. No idea if it's purely not suited to the3SGTE engine, or if they are generally shoite though.

NGK platinum's are the preferred (and cheaper!) option.

Iridium plugs are fitted at production on these engines as they are not 'wasted spark' ignition. (Plugs only fire on one stroke of the piston)

Most four cylinder engines are. (Fire on both strokes)

Comment

Ah OK. Guess they'll be fine then
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                X