Clear All

• Manual Transmision?

Is there such a thing on the surfs??

I'm very reluctant to buy an auto!

yep theres lots of us with manual gearboxes

Comment

If you look in 'Surfs for sale' section , you will see one for sale

Rick
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I specified a MANUAL 3.0TD Surf via an agent. There is one waiting for me today, at Southampton docks.

Go for it!

Comment

thats a beauty ... whats the spec and how much did you pay... if you dont mind me asking?

fuel consumption?

Comment

Thnx, I havent even seen it directly, let alone driven it!

I think it should be all registered and ready by the end of this month. I *think* I am looking at just below 6K to my door. It is relatively high mileage.

Its a SSRG Wide body. Has done a relatively heavy mileage of 130K KM, 5-speed manual.

I specified that high mileagers are OK as it would be a rare-use car , door mounted wheel, wide body, no damage on body, interior not a prob (plan to reupholster in leather).

Looking out for trouble and fixing it seems easy, as I am reasonable handy with my paws. Another big reason was this site - basically I have got all bases covered with the immense amount of knowledge available here

When I get it, I think I am looking at preemptively changing CV boots, Radiator flush, transmission and diff fluids and then might actually take it into Toyota for one BIG Service sans fluids to make sure all is well. Will also be taking out a 12 month Private mechanical warranty.

Warmest Regards
            Udhi

Comment

It seems that 2nd gen manuals are more common than 3rd gen manuals from what I've seen.

Comment

3rd gen manual here!Collectors item?May have to sell soon due to a new arrival,it will be a very reluctant sale if I decide to sell,great motor.