Good mpg.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good mpg.

My 1990 2.4 manual, gives me a good , genuine , 30 miles to the gallon. Just thought someone might like to know.

I get 25MPG on the same setup but it mainly depends on how you drive, I carry a a fair amount of weight in tools and also my gear ratio is 4.56 which makes accelerating harder than the more common 4.88. I'd get better MPG on a run with that ratio but I mostly do short journeys so I never see the benefit!

I take it as it's 1990 that it's a pre-facelift the same as mine? You are the only other person with a manual, pre-facelift I've spoken to!

Thanks,

Ray.
    I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      My 1990 2.4 manual, gives me a good , genuine , 30 miles to the gallon. Just thought someone might like to know.

215/70/15 tyres and 60 psi?

Comment

Gwyn has a face lift manual and gets 30 mpg, plus his old 2 door manual used to do 30 mpg, must be a manual thing.
        and both his vehicles had stick on speedos
        Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

So that's 25 KM per gallon then ?

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

[QUOTE=lord_flashart;636257]I get 25MPG on the same setup but it mainly depends on how you drive, I carry a a fair amount of weight in tools and also my gear ratio is 4.56 which makes accelerating harder than the more common 4.88. I'd get better MPG on a run with that ratio but I mostly do short journeys so I never see the benefit!

I take it as it's 1990 that it's a pre-facelift the same as mine? You are the only other person with a manual, pre-facelift I've spoken to!

Thanks,
            Yup its pre face-lift. got 215/75/15 Grabber AT2, at 40psi. Dont carry any weight and drive sensibly i suppose. But she will cruise at 60 all day. Still plenty of power after that,really surprising for a heavy truck.

Comment

[QUOTE=talisman;636412]
              Originally posted by lord_flashart View Post
              I get 25MPG on the same setup but it mainly depends on how you drive, I carry a a fair amount of weight in tools and also my gear ratio is 4.56 which makes accelerating harder than the more common 4.88. I'd get better MPG on a run with that ratio but I mostly do short journeys so I never see the benefit!

Thanks,
              Yup its pre face-lift. got 215/75/15 Grabber AT2, at 40psi. Dont carry any weight and drive sensibly i suppose. But she will cruise at 60 all day. Still plenty of power after that,really surprising for a heavy truck.
              40psi will definitely help!
              I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Working...
              X