Just Back From A Great Break In Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Back From A Great Break In Scotland

We've had a brilliant short break, Sunday to Friday, at Rowardennan on the banks of Loch Lomond. The weather was absolutely beautiful, as was the scenery.

We rented a wooden lodge which was about 100 yards from the lochs edge. There was a small sandy area and a jetty which was all very picturesque, the local hotel and bar were also about 100 yards away.

The site is at the end of the road, you can't drive any further, so it was nice and quiet. There were loads of excellent walks which included Ben Lomond, if you were fit enough.

All in all I really couldn't fault the place and we're looking forward to another visit later in the year. The Surf never missed a beat there and back and it was a pleasure to drive up there in the truck. I've got a load of pictures and have included a few for your perusal.

Last edited by Scorpion; 14 May 2010, 16:54.
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

That does look idilic getting itchy feet here hehe

peace
    cal
    Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

That's a wee bit of the west highland way,good biking bit from Rowardennan to Inversnaid,great you got some sunshine!!

Comment

Great Views/Pics Jim, glad ya had some sunny weather n Hope to get some great Pics n Sunshine too on the Hebridean Trip !!

Jess

"Cos short cuts cost more in the long run"
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Nice, did you go up Ben Lomond too? I went up there a few weeks ago. Proper snow capped peaks and unbelievable view for miles around at the top. There was still a good foot of snow in places. Did a 400m long, 160ft high zip wire over a waterfall at Aberfoyle too. Good fun up there. Wanna go to Aviemore soon as well.

Comment

Cheers guys. I would have loved to have done Ben Lomond but I'm not that fit and also didn't have any equipment. I don't think the mountain rescue team would have been to pleased to haul my sorry ass down in just a tee shirt, jeans and a pair of trainers!

We're going back later in the year and are currently buying proper walking boots, rucksacks and warm waterproof clothing etc. We're also going to do a bit of training on the Derwent Walk to bring up our fitness levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
              Cheers guys. I would have loved to have done Ben Lomond but I'm not that fit and also didn't have any equipment. I don't think the mountain rescue team would have been to pleased to haul my sorry ass down in just a tee shirt, jeans and a pair of trainers!

We're going back later in the year and are currently buying proper walking boots, rucksacks and warm waterproof clothing etc. We're also going to do a bit of training on the Derwent Walk to bring up our fitness levels.
              So i take it you mean really late in the year your going back then Jim,,
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                So i take it you mean really late in the year your going back then Jim,,
                We're going to go back after I get some good rear quarter bumpers off you Rich, so it might be 2012 mate!

Comment

looks great place mate got a link to prices and availability?

Comment

That's 50min from me Jim, you should have dropped in mate.
                    Brian

Comment

we could have a group meet lol

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                        We're going to go back after I get some good rear quarter bumpers off you Rich, so it might be 2012 mate!
                        hell jim thats quick .i was thinking more of 2020...
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Some nice scenery there, looks like you had a great time
                          Neal

Comment

Scotland is a beautiful place and if you like scenery and a bit of walking take a look at The Isle of Gigha sometime. I was there about a month ago. Stayed here www.gighaholidayrental.co.uk There is a guy running a gen 2 surf there too. Had his Surf for about 4 years and very happy with it. The place is small and is a short ferry ride but well worth it

Comment

Originally posted by arron View Post
                              looks great place mate got a link to prices and availability?
                              Arron, will let you know mate. The cabin belongs to a friend at work, I'm just updating his website so it should be all set up by Monday.

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                              That's 50min from me Jim, you should have dropped in mate.
                              Still got your address on TomTom from last year mate, I would have loved to have seen your Jimny off roader. Coming up again later in the year so hope to catch you then, if you're not out on one of your frequent trips!

Comment

Working...
                              X