Any legal experts know this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any legal experts know this

Can I legaly take someone to the proms in my truck and be paid for it? I have buisness use on my insurance but don't have a taxi drivers licence.
    monstercreations.org.uk

If your just doing a mate a favour by taking the son/daughter to the prom then you should be ok.If your being paid for it then i would of thought that the truck is being used for business use and you will be covered.Your acting as a chauffeur and not a taxi as such so you wont need the taxi licence
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I drove a 16 seat hummer and needed a pcv licence for that. The guys that drove the 6 & 8 seat lincolns needed a private hire licence. I'm guessing you may needat least that. They are easier to obtain than a normal taxi licence.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
        I drove a 16 seat hummer and needed a pcv licence for that. The guys that drove the 6 & 8 seat lincolns needed a private hire licence. I'm guessing you may needat least that. They are easier to obtain than a normal taxi licence.
        Thanks thats what I guessed, unfortunatly Northampton council will not issue a private hire licence for a 4x4.
        monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Public liability insurance usually can get through your broker or try Hiscox , if it is a 'one off' consult your insurer it will be cheaper, private hire licence if it is a long term venture
          Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Will another local authority issue you one?
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Will another local authority issue you one?
              Looking into that one now.
              monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Also may i suggest the following.

Do NOT acceptpayment for a journey in your vehicle. Instead accept payment for, say, a token. This way you have not accepted money for riding in a car, but have instead made an offer of a free ride...
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

We use the public liability route with the military vehicles ie the Tracked Fv432 we limit the paying passengers to 4 people per trip thus not infringing the pcv rules etc

Comment

If you're talking about getting paid for a school prom drive you'll need a Criminal Records Bureau check as well.

http://www.crb.homeoffice.gov.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
                      We use the public liability route with the military vehicles ie the Tracked Fv432 we limit the paying passengers to 4 people per trip thus not infringing the pcv rules etc
                      You used to have 4 different pcv licences. You just have the basic two now. Below 8 seats and above 8 seats. You can negate any licenceing issues with a sale of a third party item.
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Also may i suggest the following.

Do NOT acceptpayment for a journey in your vehicle. Instead accept payment for, say, a token. This way you have not accepted money for riding in a car, but have instead made an offer of a free ride...
                        So if they paid me to go to their house and do a static display and I offered them a free ride would that be ok.
                        monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Just make sure no fizzy drinks they do make a mess when regurgitated !

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                            So if they paid me to go to their house and do a static display and I offered them a free ride would that be ok.
                            I reckon so.
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Hi Steve,
                              As long as ya not doing it for gain ya should be legal..
                              But ya can make a charge for fuel (expenses)

Jess

"Cos short cuts cost more in the long run"
                              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                              X