Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear washer not washing

It wipes but it won't wash.

I can't hear the washer motor when I press the button.

Any common faults?

How do I get to the rear washer motor?

It's in the filler tank under the bonnet, in front of the drivers side battery. (there's 2 pumps - 1 front, 1 rear) Check for voltage when the rear washer button is pressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Algol View Post
      It wipes but it won't wash.

I can't hear the washer motor when I press the button.

Any common faults?

How do I get to the rear washer motor?
      i dont know why but i think the rear washer motor is up front with the windscreen washer motor on the washer bottle.remove the 10mm bolt holding the washer bottle on and lift out the bottle the motors are fitted to the bottom.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Check the washer fluid level.

It's the same bottle but two pump motors, the rear washer being higher in the bottle than the front, so you lose the rear wash first.

Comment

My rear windscreen washer stopped working over the winter.

I took off the appropriate bits of trim/panel around the jet & wiper motor in the top of the boot. This reveals the tubing which leads to the washer jet.

Remove each bit of tubing one at a time and blow through it to see if it's blocked, starting at the washer jet and working backwards.

In my case there was a non-return valve type thingy that the bearing was stuck in. All it took was cleaning out with a bit of warm water/washing up liquid and it started working again.

This will be much easier to check than faffing around getting at the washer jet pumps and a cheaper fix if it is this problem!

Comment

Easiest fix imaginable! The plug to the motor was unplugged

Comment

Working...
            X