please help injector pump prob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help injector pump prob

ive had my surf for 8yrs now 1992 2.4 turbo efi but now having pump probs,its been changed once,i was jump starting a nissan elgrand,which has 2 batteries my surf was just ticking over putting a charge into the nissan and i tried to start it a couple of times but no luck still flat,so i left it for about 5mins just ticking over (the surf)and then the revs went up and the surf just died and i cant start it since,ive tried various ways ,such as taking the feed off the fuel filter and putting it into a gallon of diesel and kicking it over but it seems that the injector pump is not sucking the fuel thro,i then took the return pipe off and sucked the diesel thro from the filter thro the injector pump and tried turning it over and she started ,but just for about 30 secs,ive since bought a second hand pump but i think it may be the wrong one, im told now its off a 1994 there is a slight difference ,,as in,, there is an elecrical connection just by the injector connections ,but on mine there is just a bung which can be taken out with an allen key ,pls tell me can i use this pump or does any one know why the old pump just shut down,for the above reasons many thanks Bill

the pump you are reffering to is a 3ltr pump and the electrical connection is for fuel temperature.the pump will fit but it wont run in your engine.you need to make sure its a 2.4pump.they are the ones with just a bung in them.have you tried doing the self diagnostic check?.by bridging out two terminals in the diagnostic socket.do a search for it on here.it does sound like the pump.but just to make sure pull the codes from the ecu.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

pump probs

Hi thanks for your info,very helpful, i also had a n auto elec out and he checked the diagnostic and said it bleeped 5 times,trouble is ive stripped the engine back to the the point of extracting the pump, so im in no mans land right now once again thanks ,,ill send it bk and see if i can locate another pump ,,there is one on ebay

Comment

buy the £200 denso pump from toyota, forget 2nd hand ones.

details here.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ght=denso+pump
        If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

injector pump

Hi and thanks for your help,,another question can anyone tell me if it is ok to renew the O rings in the injector pump,its just that a company who recons them said if i take the back of the injector off where the pipes are it will collapse inside,or is he scaremongering,,thanks to all again for your invaluable help,,if any one needs help in french polishing or restoring antiques just ask and if i can help you i will

Comment

Originally posted by legendgamesmaster View Post
            buy the £200 denso pump from toyota, forget 2nd hand ones.

details here.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ght=denso+pump
            These pumps have now gone back up in price in Australia to somewhere around AU$3500. Are they still available over there at the reduced price?

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by godneb7 View Post
              Hi and thanks for your help,,another question can anyone tell me if it is ok to renew the O rings in the injector pump,its just that a company who recons them said if i take the back of the injector off where the pipes are it will collapse inside,or is he scaremongering
              There are parts inside that are spring loaded and I have heard that they will fall apart and need a total rebuild if the back is removed. Did hear of someone who did the rear seal though, by loosening the bolts just enough to cut off the old o-ring, then remove one bolt at a time to install the new o-ring. I think there was a writeup on here somewhere.

Nev

Comment

injector pump

Hi guysi got my pump had it fitted but still having the same problem,i prime the injector pump it runs for a while then cuts out,could it be the ECU,or any other ideas ,getting costly now,,pls help,,many thanks Bill

Comment

You need to loosen the nuts at each injector and crank/run the engine until fuel spurts out of each one then re-tighten nuts.

Is there a vacuum build up in the tank? Remove the fuel filler cap and try starting/ running the engine again.

Comment

injector pump

Hi thanks for the info,there is no vacuum in the tank,ill try the injector pipes fingers crossed,many thanks

Comment

injector pump

I cracked the injector pipes,still no luck,could i have damaged the ECU by jump starting the other vehicle as described in my initial posting,,it seems the injector pump is not drawing fuel thro,as i said, if i prime it, it works ,but just for a minute or so then dies..heeeeeeeeeelp

Comment

Is the duel primer ok and not drawing in air?
                        Will the truck run if you keep pressing the big black primer ?
                        Have you pulled the fault codes?
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

injector pump

Hi ive tried pumping with the primer as shes running but she still conks out ,,not sure how to find the fault codes,can you help,,only good with wood,,

Comment

injector pump

Hi all, my latest update,i spoke to Steve from Engine Co Ltd today he fitted my new cylinder head, i must say a great job,i told him of my probs and he said firstly prime the pump to make sure there was diesel in the injector pump, then to start the engine up,let it run for about 10secs turn off the engine,then take off the feed pipe to the injector pump from the fuel pump and immerse it in a gallon container of diesel,then fire it up again which i did and it ran sweetly for about 20mins the the bugger died again,before this method it only ran for about 1 minute, i did this a couple of times and each the same thing any more ideas guys before i take a sledge hammer to my surf

Comment

Sounds like your fuel primer is knackered or the fuel line from the tank is blocked. It's not a disaster. If you can blow down the fuel line back to the tank....good lungs required. Once this is done, prime it up and run it. If it dies, the fuel primer is uncle franked.
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X