Politics.....again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sancho View Post

Do stop posting this sir. I do remenber when labour lost to thatcher, (just) in the late 70's. prior to that ...inflation at 27%...general strikes,3 day weeks/power available/dead not being buried etc. Perhaps cameron/clegg will bollock it up, but as sure as eggs is eggs, they cant do any worse. The fact our ovedraft is 178 billion...this got forgot during the recent election campaign. The general consensus is always " tory cuts".
    Is it any coincidence, these cuts always follow some big labour spendup....bit like today.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

.....And another thing, where's all this money coming from that we're (apparently) sending to Greece??

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        .....And another thing, where's all this money coming from that we're (apparently) sending to Greece??
        we dont belong to the euro...we left the ERM ages ago........
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
          we dont belong to the euro...we left the ERM ages ago........

T'was on the Jeremy Vine show today, Switzerland want us to chip in and help bail out greece.
          http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/business...ml?cid=8798762

Comment

taken from Funds already paid from our euro subscriptions/tax then becomes ERDF Euro regional dev fund ( you pay masses in and get bits back after bidding for it ! ) the rest comes from the Euro coffers extras banked by individual euro member countries disaster fund monies etc Germans not happy because they have a lot to lose and good old Spain is jittery after telling us all they are out of recession ( a ploy to stop them being next in line to greece closely followed by semi bust Portugal Ohwhat fun !
            Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

This forum has gone down the SH*TTER!

I posted a perfectly good Controversial post, with a little dig at labour and the whole of scotland! then logged off to watch Luther and Shameless and when i get back.......................... ...........................

AND NOT ONE PERSON BIT
              You're all still talking politics!

Well i remember the labour gov before Maggie ( i know i'm old) so all i can say is thank F*CK they're gone!
              www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by tintin View Post
                Well i remember the labour gov before Maggie ( i know i'm old) so all i can say is thank F*CK they're gone!
                I do too (but only just - mainly because I come from a politically aware & active family). I agree with GWH's post about tory cuts following labour spending sprees. This is also the most convincing argument for PR that I've heard (not that I'm in favour of PR personally) - coalition governments would have to learn to clean up their own mess given that more than likely you would tend to get the same people in government for year after year after year...

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                  tory cuts
                  I think you missed a letter out.....

I've calmed down now though. The next four years is going to be one big adventure. I'm buying a ticket for the gravy train.

Comment

I've calmed down now though. The next four years is going to be one big adventure. I'm buying a ticket for the gravy train.
                    Four years? Is that optimism or pessimism?!

Either way, I'm not convinced it'll last 4 years.

Comment

just thought i would stick my sixpennyworth into this thread, many many many years ago i decided i would not vote untill i saw a labour goverment in power, and then along came harold wilson who nearly succeded in bankrupting the country , 30 years on history repeats its self the only difference was that this shower of shit were even bigger liars than he was. so as you may have realised i don't vote labour.

Comment

Last train just pulled out. Sorry and all that..
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I think its been delayed.....roast potatos on the line.
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                          X