Moving the fuel Tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving the fuel Tank?

What will it take to move the fuel tank up.
    I presume that the tank is bolted to the chassis and that if you have a body lift you will have the space to move it up about the same amount as the body lift if so what is involved
    I NEEED MUD.....and Welsh spring water!!!

I think you'd need to get the tank cut and shut to clear the upper control arm (tank sits below it - have a look)

Interesting reading.

Rob.

Comment

If you want to move it, best bet would be to stick it in the back..obviously more work and expense involved but its job done..proper. With a low profile cross member to support the transfer (or rotate it out of the way) case you could pretty much panel the whole underside

Comment

Why do you want to move it? just more off road clearance? as said the control arm is the only thing preventing just spacering it upwards, not worth the hassle, for 2", or get one made to fit inside, transverse sort of thing
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

thanks for the answer's guy's

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
            Why do you want to move it? just more off road clearance? as said the control arm is the only thing preventing just spacering it upwards, not worth the hassle, for 2", or get one made to fit inside, transverse sort of thing
            Surely the cost of getting a custom tank made and the work of moving / extending all the fuel pipes to fit a new location is more expensive / hassle than getting a portion of the tank cut out and plated in ? My biker mates were always getting their tanks widened, lengthened etc...

Comment

My intention was to lift ther tank by a couple of inches as it pokes down like a sow's belly but if it is going to be to much of a problem like cutting and welding the fuel tank then i shall put that on hold for now as i have a lot too do to the suspension and running gear over the next couple of weeks like 7" lift ,change Hubs,drop diff,drop panhard rod, make up bracket's for the rad and brake load sensor and the list goes on

Comment

just get on with it for gods sake man and stop worrying about minor details
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                  Surely the cost of getting a custom tank made and the work of moving / extending all the fuel pipes to fit a new location is more expensive / hassle than getting a portion of the tank cut out and plated in ? My biker mates were always getting their tanks widened, lengthened etc...
                  take your point, what i'm saying is the hassle of altering the original for just 2" lift seems a lot of hassle, depends what ya want, fitting inside, say behind the rear seats gets it right out the way, it dont have to be a taylor made thing, summat from the breakers might fit, brackets to hold it down and altering the pipework wont cost much, dunno about the legleaties of haveing it inside but it's diesel and less combustable than petrol, just a thought,

i recon the fuel tank on these trucks is better protected than the transfer case, and that sticks down as much as the tank
                  Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                    just get on with it for gods sake man and stop worrying about minor details
                    Send me the bl00dy parts then

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                      take your point, what i'm saying is the hassle of altering the original for just 2" lift seems a lot of hassle, depends what ya want, fitting inside, say behind the rear seats gets it right out the way, it dont have to be a taylor made thing, summat from the breakers might fit, brackets to hold it down and altering the pipework wont cost much, dunno about the legleaties of haveing it inside but it's diesel and less combustable than petrol, just a thought,

i recon the fuel tank on these trucks is better protected than the transfer case, and that sticks down as much as the tank
                      yes i know it was just a thought.
                      it was more cosmetic than need but after looking at it and picking everyone's brains about i think for now i will give it a miss because if i put it in the back i will have to find a new home for the amps and speakers behind the back seat

Comment

Originally posted by evildwarf View Post
                        Send me the bl00dy parts then
                        You should have the bl00dy parts today unless the box broke open then you better get down the m4 and m5 and pick them all up..

Comment

I can't go and get them my truck is in bits waiting for the parts and the Audi has decided that this is the best time to blow the radiator up. A stone went right through the radiator

Comment

good job i don't live near you i would of given the little brats a hammering for throwing stones but then saying that they probably would improve the look of an audi by stoning it..

Comment

Is the 4 runner different? If not, this may help.

http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/tech/gas_tank/
                              Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Working...
                              X