Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Another newbie here

Hi all
    Just picked up my Black 3.0 td ssr-x 95 model and havent stopped grinning yet. Cant see why I didnt buy one years ago. Awsome machines.
    I look forward to fitting some gizmos and gadgets and getting plenty of advice from you guys and erm gals so drop me a line .

Cheers

Mike
    Attached Files
    I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Welcome to SURFDOM mike. nice surf !
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Hello.
      I'm a newbie too, havent got mine yet (waiting for MOT and results of test drive boil)
      Charlie Don't Surf..http://static.photobox.co.uk/public/...10805138.s.jpg

Comment

Hello ALUN & welcome hope you get it soon mate
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Hi Mike nice beast,black is still best! see ya round the forums.
          Its better to die than fade away!

Comment

Very nice - I like the wheels!! And yep - Black is definately the colour to have!!
            Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

NICE looking motor!!

Hi Guys .... I'm not currently a Surf owner ... but I'm being slowly seduced.

I currently drive a 92 MR2 Turbo ... I love it to bits .. love the speed .. but dont love the practicality.

My wife and I are about to move up north and I'm looking at a 100 mile a day commute to sunderland .. the MR2 just isn't practical.. well I dont think it is!

I suppose the question is .. going from a 0-60 of 5.7 to one of ... what 16? .. am I gonna hate it ... or am I gonna love driving such a huge beast?

I've always wanted a 4x4 .. but have always opted for the speed... maybe nows the time to change?

What kinda spec are these Surfs? ... I'd prob be looking at the 2.4 or 3.0TDs .. with a view to a possible LPG conversion .. I realise I'm not gonna get the BHP ... but am I just gonna get oodles of torque instead?

Someone help me out here please!

Cheers
              Dave

Comment

Originally posted by castle_grayskull
                NICE looking motor!!

I currently drive a 92 MR2 Turbo ... I love it to bits .. love the speed .. but dont love the practicality.

My wife and I are about to move up north and I'm looking at a 100 mile a day commute to sunderland .. the MR2 just isn't practical.. well I dont think it is!

I suppose the question is .. going from a 0-60 of 5.7 to one of ... what 16? .. am I gonna hate it ... or am I gonna love driving such a huge beast?

I've always wanted a 4x4 .. but have always opted for the speed... maybe nows the time to change?

What kinda spec are these Surfs? ... I'd prob be looking at the 2.4 or 3.0TDs .. with a view to a possible LPG conversion .. I realise I'm not gonna get the BHP ... but am I just gonna get oodles of torque instead?

Cheers
                Dave

You will love it.. I went from a 1.3LXi to a 3.0TD and still have to look back at the thing everytime I park it up just to beleive its still mine. (bought in march). Yes its had the trailer and its been off road once so far and just love itttttt.
                Gaz

Comment

Its a different drive, I had a 2.5 V6 car and a surf. I could go out in the 2.5 and really give it some, then within minutes jump in the Surf and not miss the speed, the two drives are not comparable. I decided to sell my 2.5V6, I looked at the VX220 turbo, scooby or mitsy evo. I bought a 4Runner instead, so now i have two, the 4x4's are a different drive, you get in and you don't feel the need to drive fast, you just sit up high and enjoy the drive, get in the car and it feels like you need to boot it after all its a sports car, well it like that in the Surf its a 4x4.
                  Take one for a drive, find out for yourself.
                  Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                  My choice
                  Back off

Comment

I used to commute into London daily (110 mile round trip) in an Audi 2.8 Quattro and a BMW 325i and to be honest it was more stressful because I knew I had the power but never the opportunity to use it - ended up driving like a !!!!!!!

Got the Surf and doing the same trip was alot less stressful and more fun surprising people! Can still cruise at motorway speeds no problem even with about 350kg in the back. Go for the 3.0 if you want a bit more power and acceleration for your money.

The Surf is the best vehicle I have ever bought and never ceases to amaze me and still can't stop grinning

Originally posted by castle_grayskull
                    NICE looking motor!!

Cheers
                    Dave
                    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

I would go along with Rich the Surf is the best ride without a doubt I used to drive a sierra xr4x4 and you could never use the power, you dont need to in a Surf just got to have room for your mile wide smile! Go on get a test ride in one you`l love it!
                      Its better to die than fade away!

Comment

Working...
                      X