Steering wheel removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering wheel removal?

Hi there people, just wondering if anyone could help me, I have a wonky steering wheel that does not sit straight when the wheels are straight if you get me. Is it just of a case of removing the steering wheel and adjusting bolts etc? If so how do I get to the bolts without damaging anything or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Any help muchly appreciated,

Gareth

You need to check that the steering wheel is straight ahead by working out how many turns lock to lock. If it is exactly in the middle then you need it sorting out by getting the front wheels aligned - they've been adjusted so that 1 track rod is longer than the other. (you could also check by measuring between the inner and outer rod ends - should be the same length both sides)

If the steering wheel is fitted incorrectly it's just a case of undoing 1 phillips screw behind the wheel, popping off the centre piece and undoing 1 nut.

As long as you don't have an airbag that is

Comment

you forgot one very important thing.,when undoing the steering wheel nut leave it on a couple of threads,before you pull the wheel off.otherwise try explaining how your surf broke your nose.
      www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
      X