flap next to sunroof switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flap next to sunroof switch?

hello peeps ,at the risk of sounding like a right ### again can anyone tell me the purpose of the hole with a screw in it under the flap next to the sunroof switch on a 2nd gen surf.cheers

It's for manually winding the sunroof closed if the motor fails. Open flap, remove screw and IIRC there is a tool in the kit to turn the other bit under the screw. A flat bladed, bent screwdriver thingy I think. Been a long time since I looked.

Nev

Comment

Have you got that silly card holder thing there as well? A ###### card holder....

And that pointless kind of 'safety button' thing that you have to hold down along with the open/close switch in order to close the sunroof...

Comment

cheers

thanks .yes i have got a silly card holder at least thats what i think it is.thats where i keep my blockbuster card and extra cash for fuel.lol

Comment

I always wondered what that flap was there for...!

Comment

That sunroof button thing is a real pain! What's the point of it? Is it to stop you trapping your otherwise free hand in the roof while closing it?
            'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

The actual flap is for you to keep your driving licence in, its US thing, the cops don't like you reaching for the glovebox when they pull you over incase theres a gun in there.

Is the sunroof safety thing really that hard, so you need two fingers, you have one up there already!!

Sheeshhhh.....

I've glued mine in the up position..
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                The actual flap is for you to keep your driving licence in, its US thing, the cops don't like you reaching for the glovebox when they pull you over incase theres a gun in there.

Is the sunroof safety thing really that hard, so you need two fingers, you have one up there already!!

Sheeshhhh.....

I've glued my in the up position..
                You have two fingers glued in the up position? Does this not offend the neighbours?! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rustinho View Post
                  You have two fingers glued in the up position? Does this not offend the neighbours?! lol
                  fool!
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                    its US thing, the cops don't like you reaching for the glovebox when they pull you over incase theres a gun in there.
                    Mmmm... I had a scary moment in a hire car near Albuquerque airport once when I was pulled over and got out to see what he wanted
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                      Mmmm... I had a scary moment in a hire car near Albuquerque airport once when I was pulled over and got out to see what he wanted
                      What's wrong with that then? I take it your just supposed to sit there and wait for them to wander over to you, would have thought it would just be common courtesy to get out and see what the problem is.
                      Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
                        What's wrong with that then? I take it your just supposed to sit there and wait for them to wander over to you, would have thought it would just be common courtesy to get out and see what the problem is.
                        I'm guessing the cop pulled out his gun and asked him to "spread 'em" with the hands on the car?
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                        X